Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random things

So since i posted this on my facebook (which by the way takes way too much time, I like blogging better) I figured I should post it here. So just in case I haven't talked your ear off at some point which is highly unlikely since I am my mothers daughter here is a list of 25 random things about me. I am not tagging anyone else to do this but if you feel so inclined I do like learning about other peoples quirks.

1. I hate doing things like this that make me sit down and think about what I could write about myself.

2. I can't handle it when people touch things, anything with wet hands. It drives me crazy and my mom and sister are constantly doing it.

3. I am addicted to the Internet. I am not sure how my life ever functioned without it.

4. I am still afraid of the dark. I check my house multiple times at night, and only in an extreme emergency will I go to the store by myself at night.

5. At least a couple of times a week I try and get my husband to get out of bed and go check our house because I think someone has broken in. I do live in a good neighborhood, I am just paranoid.

6. Jared was so late to our wedding that the temple patrons started asking me if I was sure he was going to show.

7. I love recipes but I don't like to cook.

8. I already have grey hairs. I can thank my children for that.

9. I am horrible at keeping in touch with people.

10. I have an amazing memory when it comes to people and conversations but please don't ask me to remember everything at the store.

11. I am a TV junkie. I do not have enough DVR's in my house to record all the shows I would like to watch.

12. I am the worst about flossing my teeth and going to the dentist regularly even though I am married to one.

13. I have an extremely large sweet tooth. I try and keep candy in my bag for the emergency cravings.

14. My #1 goal in life is to sit on my couch at night with one of my favorites shows, some good candy, a diet coke, and think to myself that there is nothing else I need to do today.

15. I have almost completely given up on my #1 goal.

16. I despise Thanksgiving and don't think it should be a considered a real holiday.

17. Cereal for dinner IS a real dinner

18. It never ceases to amaze me that boys have no aim when peeing even when they grow up. Really, how difficult could it be.

19. I love that my all four of my kids got my blue eyes

20. I have not taken a nap in probably 6 months. That is a travesty.

21. I despise people who make a big production about wanting to be moved to a different table at a restaurant when they see all of us getting seated. I know why you want to move, but don't be so rude about it.

22. I have had 3 letters to the editor published in the newspaper here. It is now somewhat of a family joke.

23. My kids can make me the most mad and the most happy all in the span of about 5 minutes.

24. I am deathly afraid to fly. I have to be medicated preferably very heavily.

25. I am actually grateful my mom made me take piano lessons. I used to tell her I would never be happy I know how to play the piano and that I would never make my kids do something so horrible. Never say never.

4 seriously good comments:

Lindalu said...

Hey Kimmy,
Flying is probably my least favorite thing to do in this world! Every time I land I swear I will NEVER fly again and eventually something happens and I have to, but I am certain every time that I am going to die! Anywho can you suggest anything for a pregnant lady to take for flying? I am flying in April and I am already having panic attacks about it!

Katie and Luke said...

I HAVE to know why your husband was so late. Poor you! Did you even think for a minute that he might not show up?!
And you are lucky that your kids have your blue eyes AND even look like you. I would like one with my dark curls (even though they would hate me for them... because I don't really like mine) But that doesn't matter. I am selfish.
I too depise the actual event of Thanksgiving because of the preparation and other crap-ola. The ONLY thing good about it is I get off work for 2 days! :)

Melissa said...

I didn't realize Jared was late to the wedding! I agree whole-heartedly with #7 and #13. And #17!

Race Fam said...

I love your number one goal. That has to be mine too, minus the diet coke!