My problem should make my life between the hours of 4 and 6 pm much easier but that has yet to happen.
I love recipes.
I love to read cookbooks. I love to collect recipes from other people. In fact my favorite recipe books are the ones you get when the Relief Society collects recipes from everyone and puts them into a book for you. That is multitasking at its best. A book full of recipes collected from other people.
So my problem lies in the fact that I love to collect these things and yet at least 2 nights out of the week we eat cereal for dinner. At least it is the good kind though. Reese's Puff's anyone? So I have banned myself from purchasing anymore cookbooks until I start making dinner on a nightly basis. Thank you for the "good luck with that" you thought to yourself as you read that last sentence.
I am burnt out on all the usual things I make (that list is pretty small so it doesn't take long). In my effort to avoid cookbooks I have been blog hopping my way through recipe blogs. I have found a few that I really like and whose recipes actually look like something I could make. I have posted the links to them on the left side. If any of you have any favorite recipe blogs or sites (especially the ones that post a weekly menu so I can avoid doing even more work) leave a comment with the name of the site or blog so I can add it to my list. Jared and Ethan thank you. The other two.....well, they really like their dinner cereal.



6 seriously good comments:
a blog I found the other day-haven't fully checked it out but looks like the ideas are pretty simple and includes shopping lists. I love lists!
http://mealplanningmommies.blogspot.com/
http://chefbritta.blogspot.com/ This one is It's What's For Dinner by Brita - she has really good ideas and posts often. Good Luck - I feel your pain. Look back on my blog and you will see a post on the same topic with many great ideas in the comment section.
A friend of mine put together this recipe blog:
http://weeklymealoptions.blogspot.com/
It has like 8 weeks worth of recipes and even has the grocery list. We've made lots of them. They're simple, but very yummy.
Good luck!
I should have been reading your post last night as I was eating my bowl of Cheerios with bananas and SUGAR on top. Mmmmm....
But I am reading it now as I eat my bowl of Lucky Charms instead!
I love cereal, so be proud sista!
Ha-Ha!
I'm the same way. Justin told me I can't buy any more cookbooks until I use the ones I have. There is a website called www.recipezaar.com that has ALL kinds of recipes. I've made several things from it and most of them have been really good. They even break them down into crock pot, low fat, high protein, kid friendly etc. Good luck.
I'm a recipeholic too, but let's face it. Even those of us who love to cook can get tired. We eat out once a week and I don't feel guilty at all. I really do put effort into dinner the other nights, so I don't feel guilty at all for taking a night off. One thing I did is go through my favorite recipe blogs and write down all the ones I would actually make with their main ingredients that I would need to guy. Now I just look at that piece of paper when I make my shopping list so I don't have to go through the blogs over and over.
Post a Comment