Saturday, October 18, 2008

Whew!!!!

Well I am down to less than 24 hours. Jared gets home tomorrow night. All I need to do is make it through church tomorrow and my mom is making dinner and having me and kids over so I am not by myself the whole day. I have to say I am pretty impressed with myself. I am still somewhat sane and will require no medicating to recover from the past few days. Jared has been in San Antonio since Wed. for the dental convention. I was a little jealous he got to go back and eat at some of my favorite places Rudy's, Gringo's Chris Madrids to name a few (although knowing jared he didn't eat at all of them in order to save a few bucks), he got to see his sister Teresa who is a hygienist and was getting some of her own CE credits, and he got to walk the exhibit hall floor which is usually full of all kinds of good free stuff. We are all very excited for him to return. Tomorrow I will get a nice 2 hour break from my kids during primary. I don't like to think of my kids primary teachers as babysitters but for tomorrow that is what they will seem like. I did get lots done while jared was gone since after the kids go to bed there is no one else to worry about so I just start cleaning and organizing. The very best part (besides jared getting home safely) is that early Monday morning (like 6 am) my mom and I are headed down to TAI PAN TRADING!!! That's right, it opens on Mon. and I will be there with money in hand. Jared happens to have monday off so he is going to shuffle the kids around and hopefully finish my attic while they are at school so I can put any of my seasonal Tai Pan treasures in my new attic. Happy shopping to me!!!!

7 seriously good comments:

Simpson family said...

You go girl. I'm happy for you to go shopping and glad it hasn't been too bad without Jared there for a few days. You're good.

Hartmans said...

Well we actually didn't eat at any of the places you mentioned but we did eat at Cheesecake Factory and it was so good. It was fun to see Jared, but I can't wait until Christmas when you guys get to come too! Happy Shopping at Tai Pan

Katie and Luke said...

I had to google "Tai Pan Trading" because I have never heard of it before. Looks nifty! Enjoy your girl day!

Melissa said...

Happy shopping!! I wish I could come. That store looks so awesome. glad you survived the weekend. Looking forward to seeing y'all soon!

Carrie said...

I can't wait to check out this store that you're in love with! Happy shopping!

Mandee said...

Strangely, anytime I go to Tai Pan, I think of you. Enjoy your cheap goods.

AmyPoll said...

I LOOOOVVVEEE Tai Pan!!!