Sunday, October 26, 2008

My heart is racing and my palms are sweaty and we still have just under two months before it happens. In 53 days I will be boarding a plane. The anxiety may just kill me but it is going to happen. Originally we were going to rent a car and drive to Texas for Christmas because flights were too expensive. Jared was able to find some cheap flights that made it the same cost as driving. I am not sure how to explain that spending two days and 25 hours driving with my 4 kids in a car will cause me less stress than a 3 hour plane ride but it does. I have somehow managed to avoid having to fly since Oct. of 2005 and I think that it has probably made it worse. Jared has promised to medicate me. Although he did say he would give me enough to just take the edge off so that he does not have to try and get 4 kids and a doped up wife on and off the plane, I am pretty sure he can take whatever he thinks will take the edge off and double it. The last time I was medicated while flying I was given a Xanex. The dentist I worked for wrote me and Rx for some. I don't' remember the dosing on it and for that matter I really don't remember anything that happened after I swallowed the pill. All I know is that I somehow got on the plane in Salt Lake, got off the plane in LAX, boarded another flight to Hawaii, and woke up to the flight attendants telling everyone how to say hello and thank you in Hawaii. I think I'll take another one of those please and thank you.

9 seriously good comments:

Hartmans said...

I feel bad for you to have that much anxiety about flying. Hopefully whatever Jared gives you will allow you to get here and back without too much worry. For now, just think about once you get here and not the trip here.

Melissa said...

You'll do great!! I'm so excited for y'all to come. Drugs are amazing.

Carrie said...

You can do it! At least you get two extra days of vacation that won't be spent on the road!

Cami said...

Oh mercy Kim...you crack me up! Just think, if you do crash, you will all crash together. We just flew to Omaha, and I think Jared will need your help with all four kids on the airplane. It took both Brock and I, and neither one of us were drugged.

Katrena said...

I really don't like flying at all either. It just seems too unnatural although it's all been explained before. I hate when the plane shakes too. I haven't flown since Oct. '06 and since most of our family is in AZ I may make it 10 years before I fly anywhere!

Kristina said...

I wish I could be on the same flight that way I could help with kid control but it doesn't look like that will be the case. I know you'll do great.

Simpson family said...

You are all going to do great. I really appreciate the sacrifice it is for you to fly. It means so much to me to have you come. I know it won't be easy but it will be worth it (at least to me)=) Love you all and can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wait to see you.
Grandma Simpson

Kristin said...

Poor Kim- I mean poor Jared. One drugged wife and 4 kids trapped on a plane. Sounds like a great way to start a vacation.

Katie and Luke said...

I got some good pain medication yesterday for my sinus headache! I'll give you a few.--- It will numb you up so good you won't care where you're going or how you're getting there! :)