Monday, October 13, 2008

I don't think it is safe for me to be out anymore. This morning I left my house at 9:30 am picked up cookies for a lady I visit teach, went visiting teaching. So far so good. Went to pick up Landon and then it all went down hill. I then proceeded to drag three of my kids all over Bakersfield looking for unfinished wood frames and sheet metal in order to make a magnet board that I am convinced will help my kitchen become more organized. We walk in the door and my mom shows up with my aunt and uncle from utah. They were just driving around looking at houses and thought they would stop by. Oh and this morning when I left my house it looked extremely frightening and for someone reason the cleaning fairy did not show up for work today while I was out. So I then proceed to show them my house all the while repeating how I knew I should have picked up my house before I left today. Although they kept saying they didn't care and that they wouldn't expect anything else for someone who has 4 kids. After they leave I try to get Ethan's and Landon's homework done. Then I load my kids up and head to the grocery store with all of them to get salad to take to my mom's for dinner. On the way there while asking or yelling insert which ever one you like at my kids to lower the volume, I stop at a red light and then proceed to go through it. Stop half way through the intersection think to my self why am I in the middle of the intersection and then make my way through it to the tune of many honking horns. Get to the store and wonder if I should be driving anymore, repeat all rules that need to be said before entering the store, grab a cart and enter the 9th circle of hell. My cart won't steer the way I want it to go, I almost run over a few toes of strangers, Landon knocks bunches of lettuce onto the floor and then ethan announces it to me and the rest of the produce section, mackenzie is crying because she wants to not be walking, have a cookie, get gum out of my purse, and then not be in the cart. We leave the store with only a few minor glares and I am sure a few comments of "doesn't she know what causes pregnancy". So now it is late, I am off to bed and hopefully off to a better tomorrow.

8 seriously good comments:

Simpson family said...

oh the days. I remember them well. They will grow up and you will semi forget all these trying times. Hang in there you are a good mom and housekeeper and VT and all that.

Carianne said...

We have days like these to help us to appreciate the few good ones we get. :o) Besides, I'd love to see one of those strangers try and do it with four kids. We so deserve a metal! Mom's ROCK! After talking with some friends (and my own drama) I have decided yesterday was just a cursed day. For reallies! Here's to a better day!

Katie and Luke said...

Well...I am glad I got my cookies before your day went to hell in a hand basket! :)

Melissa said...

Way to do your visiting teaching. Hopefully you have better days. You're a brave woman for venturing out with all four kids. At least it makes for great blogging. =)

AmyPoll said...

Here is to a better day tomorrow!!! I swear that when something is going to go wrong, everything goes wrong...there is no avoiding it I have decided. You are doing great...I can barely handle my 3 kids...let alone another one!!!

Cami said...

That is a hilarious entry.
How come I never see anyone else's kids having breakdowns at the store, besides my own?

Heidi and Rich said...

You are brave - I hate the grocery store with kids - and I only have 2. Why is it though that people randomly show up on the worst of days. I hope dinner at your mom's was somewhat relaxing!!!

Matt & Amy said...

I feel so out of control most of the time! I feel like it is not safe for me, my kids and complete strangers for me to go anywhere and I only have 3!