Calling all Memories!!
I have been seeing this on other blogs. Since I have been recalling memories, let us see if anyone else does!
1. Leave one memory that you and I had together, as a comment on my blog. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. Have a nice little trip down memory lane!
(I know you just had a great memory of us....now leave a comment about it!!!)



9 seriously good comments:
First off love all the new pictures, their beautiful. On to the memories, all the fun we had in SA, from BBQs to play groups, I was always impressed at how easy you made motherhood look.
Kim, you’ve got such a great memory, I was laughing-out-loud at the memories that you left on my Blog. I had forgotten about the port-a-potty we nearly blew up…oops make that a campsite we nearly blew up from our methane gas explosion. But I must say, the fly problem wasn’t much of a problem after we had our way with those flies! Most of my great memories are at girl’s camp too. Remember the year we were both youth leaders (like that only ones from our ward) it was so fun just hanging out—not much certifying going on. I remember when you got your flashy Mustang—then wrecked it. I remember visiting you in Utah one summer and meeting Jared for the first time. So fun. Love you much!
Remember the time we snuck into your neighbors spa with Greg and Carlos. Or how about fighting with Dave and Jordan and decorating Jordans front porch with some funny things. We were kind of bad I guess.
Oh, where do I start?:) We have so many good and funny memories! The "disincluding" one is obvious, so I'll go for some others! I remember when we came back from summer to Raintree and you were telling us about how you gave up sugar. I mean, like down to not eating bread and you were eating bunless hamburgers. Then, I swear it was the next day, you came home with a Costco (I'm pretty sure it was from Sam's Club, though) size bag of Skittles! It was like 5 lbs! We had a good laugh over that one. Or what about the time I drug you back to Dillard's to return an $80 Tommy Hilfiger sweater. Or when you went and gave the people at Gap a piece of your mind because your new pair of overalls (yes, people, overalls were cool) had a rip in the back. You demanded a new pair and they let you have one. Then we found out that your sister had borrowed your new pair because hers had a rip in the back! Oh, I about wet my pants!:) Do you remember when we went camping as couples and the boys took us to some campsite in the boonies and we demanded that we pack up and go somewhere that had bathrooms and fire pits? We were pretty wussie, but we ended up having such a great time! I could go on, but I'll spare everyone else! Thanks for the laughs!
From the early days I remember the sleepovers with prank calls and truth or dare. Remember what Lindsay was willing to do for a dare?!?! Then there were the EFY years...so many funny memories but I will always think of our guy counselor Paul and our counselor from that same year. So sad. What about Jazz Choir tour to Las Vegas and the toilet overflowing...the man had to come to our room at like 2 am. Nice.
Then the janitorial jobs we took at the MTC - waking up at 4:45 or something to be there on time. I am sure we looked real cute - those elders and sisters probably felt sorry for us.
Many of my best memories of you include music. I have always admired your voice and you are one of my favorite people to sing a duet with. Certain songs always make me think of you. Thanks for being a great friend for so many years.
Kim,
I remember I was a senior in high school the first time we met. I came to Utah for my spring break. I hadn't had a shower in a two days because of some things going on in my life at home. Jared had you and Heidi (i think) pick me up from the airport. I had so much fun with you that week and we got our ears pierced up high together. I'm so glad Jared married you. You are awesome and made me feel so much better that week.
My first real memory of you was on the first day of school. I hear some kid freaking out when I was saying goodbye to Alexis and I look to see who it is and I see you at the front of the line trying to get Ethan in the door. I tell myself poor mom...then I think you look familiar. That next Sunday at church I realize I was right and you are in my ward. Good luck with Landon this year. Hopefully he doesn't repeat Ethan's goodbye!
Well several of my memories mirror Emily's, but here is one of my favorites. I had just broken up with a boyfriend and in an effort to cheer me up Emily blared "Bye, Bye" on her radio while you and I proceeded to jump around on our couches and sing(more like shout)the words to this song. I pity anyone who may have been listening. Anywho thanks for all the great laughs, the great friendship, and some of the greatest years of my life!
Post a Comment