Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I spoke too soon!

So my peace lasted about 5 mins. Yesterday took the kids to pump it up and then to mcdonalds. They were worn out so we came home and mackenzie proceeded to have a meltdown so I put her in bed, landon was half asleep on the couch watching some cartoons, so i figured why bother him I'll just let him sleep there. Got ashton and thought I will go feed him in my room and watch some olympics. checked on mackenzie who was still and bed and not making any sounds, assumed she was asleep. About 30 mins. later Landon comes into my room and says, someone put something in the microwave and it is smoking all over the place. I run into the kitchen which is now full of smoke. I get the windows open and some box fans going and smoke starts to clear. Yeah the microwave is still smoking. I am afraid it is going to blow up on me. Come to find out that someone (landon) climbed on top of the fridge to unlock the pantry, climbed up to the top of the pantry to get some popcorn, climbed up another counter to get to some scissors to cut the plastic off the popcorn and then put it in the microwave for who knows how long. Now the next day I am sitting in a still stinky house( nothing smells worse than burnt popcorn), thinking of ways I can get rid of the smell, and getting ready to go install my new pantry doorknob complete with a lock that needs a key to open.

5 seriously good comments:

Kristin said...

I think that "someone" comes and destroys things at our house too sometimes. Man burnt popcorn is the worst, good luck getting rid of it.

Kristina said...

Wow! That's impressive on Landon's part. Melissa knows all about putting things in the microwave that do not belong there.

Hartmans said...

I have to say...sorry it is at your expense, but I am enjoying the good and frequent blogging!:) Hope you get rid of the smell soon. I will try to find some home remedies on the internet if you are interested!

Race Fam said...

Wow, he really wanted that popcorn, what a independent kid! My kids won't even try to get themselves a drink, that's funny.

Cami said...

Oh poor Kim! You have had a rough couple of days now. Don't feel too bad about leaving Ashton is the car--my neighbor did the same thing last week and she cried about it for two hours. She couldn't even finish her shopping because she was so distraught. That is NICE that Ethan went with your Mom and Lindsay--even if it is just one less kid. School starts soon!!!!