Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sweet Peace!

On Sun. my mom and sister and her kids were all getting ready to leave for Utah. As I am leaving church my mom says, if lindsay wants to come back before Mon. maybe I'll take Ethan with us. WHAT!!! So lindsay said she did want to come back before Mon. so Ethan has been gone since Sun. with them. Why is it that when you take just one kids out of the mix things seem to be so much calmer. I mean we have still had our share of meltdowns and fighting, but one less kids to fight with makes for less noise. Although I will say I am slightly stressed about how Ethan is behaving. I keep waking up in the morning wondering if he has already been awake for a few hours and has woken everyone else up. To call Ethan an early riser is an understatement. So here is to a calmer week (now i have no excuse to forget children in the car) and to my mom and sister for actually taking ethan with them. Hopefully they bring him home in their car. Apparently on the ride up ethan made up songs and sang them the entire car ride. NOTE TO SELF: make sure to pick up ear plugs before our drive to texas at christmas!

3 seriously good comments:

Lindalu said...

Lucky you! It is amazing how loud a house can get with kids in it. I have been on the verge of several meltdowns trying to watch the Olympics with children. I would love to just watch in peace let alone be able to hear what is going on--impossible! I have found the same to be true of listening to music in the car. Either I have to turn it up to decibels that surely will make me deaf in a matter of years or(this is what almost always happens)I throw my hands up, turn the radio off and listen to the sweet music of three very loud boys! AHHHHHH!
Anywho, my real reason for posting was to answer you about SYTYCD. Amazing! Besides season 2, this was my favorite season so far. Yes, I was shocked Will went home, he definitely should have been in the finals, but I didn't vote so I can't complain too much. I really liked Josh though and I think he will do great in the gay guys movie. Can't wait until Sept., we are going to see them on the 23rd! I really loved Katee too. I wish I could even pretend to move my body like that, but in actuality I am starting to feel like an 80 year old woman who needs a cane just to get around. My back just hasn't been the same since the twins. Well I suppose I have rambled on sufficiently enough for now.
Cheers!

Melissa said...

Yay for G-ma Clyde and Lindsay. Hope you had a nice respite. School starts soon too so then it will be quieter for at least 8 hours mon-frid.

Kristina said...

I have earplugs but will need to either locate them or reinvest. Should be a lot of fun.