No, I do not have one of these bodies. Although I wish I did, but it is probably good that I don't since I would be tempted to wander around the pool in a bikini just because I could pull it off. Anyway, onto my whining........
What happens to your body when you turn 30? I mean does something in it just say "Well we have done our work for the time we had to and now we can quit." I am completely stumped as to how to get this baby weight off. After I had Mackenzie I lost all my weight and then some and was able to keep it off until I got pregnant with Ashton. I find for me it is easier to maintain my weight. Although I have never had to work extremely hard to get weight off, I do sort of watch what I eat, and if I am going to have dessert, then I will skip dinner. Not the healthiest diet but it has never failed me before. Moving on though.......
I have been racking my brain as to what I am doing wrong. I have been logging all my food in an online food journal which tracks my daily intakes of calories, carbs, sugars, etc. I have been working out daily (minus Sundays) going at least 4 miles on the elliptical and then doing sit-ups, squats, leg lifts, etc.
To date I have lost exactly ZERO pounds. My whole body hurts still ( I am guessing I was really out of shape), I have seriously cut back on my beloved sweets (for those that know me, I have a very large sweet tooth) all for nothing.
If you are thinking I don't think she needs to lose weight, I just have to say you have not seen me naked. It is not pretty. Also I am tired of not being able to fit into my clothes. I am refusing to buy new clothes that fit, I did break down and buy some shorts so I could stop wearing cut off sweat pants and gauchos.
Anyway, I am pretty sure most of you have had to lose baby weight. Any advice, ideas? My metabolism has apparently decided to retire at the most inconvenient time.
P.S. for the family that is waiting for pictures and a update on how school went, I will be posting for you soon. Just had to get the complaining out of my system.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Bikini Body
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 seriously good comments:
I hear your pain! I have had 2 kids and am breeching that 40 year mark (holy crap!). After 35 my metabolism pretty much shut down. Oh well...life is too short to eat celery and jell-o. I decided to embrace my body (well, still trying). I stopped reading fashion mags and that really helped! People are too skinny. Go ahead, love your self...it's ok! Sorry for the long winded answer!
I think that when you turn 30 the happy days of eat what you want, never work out and always look good ends. I know for me the year I turned 30 I had a baby and then struggled to get the weight off. It took me 2 years to finally be back to where I wanted to be. It total sucked. Plus I still can't eat what I want and it makes me sad.I love anything fried! I think you haven't lost weight because right now you are gaining muscle and before you know it the pounds are going to start falling off. Hang in there.I think you look great right now so just think how awesome you are going to look when you hit your goal! By the way who really does have a bikini body!
We have to get Landon and Ellie together some time.
I am so with you sister! When I ask people for suggestions I get, you look good for just having twins. I'm like ya a YEAR AGO!!! (can you believe they will be one next month? CRAZY!) Then they say well, you've had 5. Still they are not answering my questions. So, if you figure something out let me know. But, I do agree with Jaime that you are building muscle right now. I wanna come try your Wii with you. That should be funny to watch.
I don't have baby weight but mission weight. I keep telling everyone I gave my body to Jesus but I want it back. I mean I have been home for two and a half years. It's no longer on full time loan. I'm not as successful with weight loss as of late but I'm working on it as well. You'll lose it. I know you will.
Seriously, when you walked into church on Sunday I thought you had lost more baby weight (and I really liked your dress too). Your weight could just be shifting, from baby weight to muscle, which is heavier. Measure your success by how your clothes feel but wait a few months before giving up. On a positive note while you wait for results, at least you are setting a healthy example for your kids. I don't know what website you are using either, but www.mypyramid.gov is really good. Good luck!
30 was bad for me. 33 has been worse. And my advice- beg your doctor for Meridia. Good luck!
Hang in there Kim. As someone who weighed 200lbs. not pregnant, it takes dedication, hardwork and committment. I wish I could snap my fingers for ya and it melt off. I'm not looking forward to what lies ahead for me either.
I think you look amazing.
My body shut down at age 29- or was it age 9? I've never been able to eat what I want and have always worked out. After Blake turned one, when things were really bad- I got a personal trainer and LOVED it. It helped me to be accountable to someone for my calories, and it made me get up and go to the gym 5-6 days a week at 5:30am. I didn't want my trainer to think I was slacking. Expensive- yes! But, I don't regret it. Oh, and the very week I hit my goal weight, I got pregnant. Go figure.
I have always love weight watchers. I have joined a few times, it always works. Good Luck!
Okay.... I am going to say that bulemia is highly underrated.
Just kidding.
I actually was introduced to "kettlebells" by a wellness coach we have through work. I have used them a few times in his classes and they are a great total body workout. Buy yourself 1-2 of these babies (15 and 20lb) and in a 10 minute workout, (30 seconds on/off) you will feel sore for 4 days. No joke. They are great for your booty, quads, hams, and core. There are lots of strange videos on YouTube, but this link is a good one to check it out. If you have questions about technique let me know. I would also google Ron Jones, because he has a lot of safety material on this stuff. http://www.performbetter.com/catalog/matriarch/MultiPiecePage.asp_Q_PageID_E_180_A_PageName_E_KettlebellExercises
I agree with Katrena. The scale may not be budging but your body is definitely changing. I've noticed you looking much slimmer lately. So even if the scale isn't showing it, your body definitely is!
And, fwiw, I found it way harder to lose weight after I had Nate (at 30) than with the other 2. I don't have a solution since I never lost his weight before I got pg with this baby. I'm just hoping that I can figure it out after this baby comes so my Cali friends can see what I look like when I'm not chubby!
Post a Comment