Monday, May 5, 2008

I am nothing!

Well at least my cervix is nothing. My Dr. appt's are on Mondays until I deliver so that is when I will post an update for those that care to be in the know. I almost went to the hospital on Sat. I was having horrible contractions. They were really hurting and they were about 3-4 min apart. I finally decided that I would drink some water go lay down and see what they did. If in a half hour they were still bad and still close I would go in. I really do not want to make a trip to the hospital to be sent home, but I also do not want to be having this baby at home or in the car. Well, much to my dismay they calmed down and then slowed down. So here I am still pregnant. When I was at my appt. they said we will check you to see if the contractions were doing anything. I thought for sure they must have done something. Nothing. Seriously? Seriously nothing. They said if my cervix was even soft they would try and stretch it a little. Not even soft. Nothing has worked this pregnancy. Not my herbs or sex. Which I am now officially giving up on since honestly if it is not going to help me go into labor why bother. So I am resorting to walking. I figure the least it will do is help me continue to not gain any weight or help me lose some. I have not gained a single pound in almost 4 weeks. I think I will try to be happy with that instead of being unhappy with my cervix. So I guess this pregnancy will be more like ethan's was. I went from nothing to a 7 and 100% effaced in an hour. Now if I could just figure out how much longer I am going to have to wait for that hour to be upon me.

7 seriously good comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! We (Nikki and Liz) are so happy Ashton flipped on his own. As far as remedies which will start your pregnancy...when is the moon full? During the full moon, go swimming, then have sex. It'll work FOR SURE! Good luck. LIZ

Melissa said...

Bummer. . . sorry. Hope he decides to get here soon. Way to go on not gaining anything. I'm now officially heavier than Justin. DEPRESSING!!!!!!!!! Anyway, my next appointment is on the 16th. I just want to hear a heart beat. Still not feeling a whole lot of movement.

Kristin said...

Ohhh so sorry, I have never been more than a 1 with any of the boys, they than induce me, but still it is depressing.

Heidi and Rich said...

You are hilarious. I am sure Jared is thrilled about your decision!!! Anyways - I wish you luck. I can't wait to see the new one. I am sure he will be as cute as the others.

Jaime said...

I think a man made up that story about the sperm helping soften the cervix. I am so sorry that nothing happened. Gaining no weight in four weeks is pretty dang awesome. I would just walk like you said and who knows maybe your water will break while on a walk. Good luck.

Rachel M said...

Sorry!! I feel your pain though...the week before I had Jacob the dr told me I was barely a 1 and the night before I was woken up by pretty painful contractions. Thought for sure she was going to say a 3 or something! Anyhow sending you softening (is that a word?) and dialating vibes! In the mean time take advantage of free ice cream http://www.baskinrobbins.com/spotlight/bumpday.aspx

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

So sorry. I know the end is unbearable. We'll hope everything goes well and you won't have to have the baby at home. I hear #4 happens fast though. Good luck!!!