Monday, May 19, 2008

Abandoning hope

So I did not have a Dr. appt today. It is supposed to be tomorrow due to some scheduling issues. I actually called to change my appt tomorrow since I have Landon's end of year program to go to. I was hoping they would have had a cancellation and I could have gone today but like my track record for this pregnancy nothing is going my way. They told me I could see the PA and then see my Dr. next week. I said to the scheduler I really need to speak with the Dr. to talk about induction, how far he will let me go before he induces, and just some other things like that. She asks well just how far along are you, I say almost 39 weeks. She then comes up with the brilliant idea that maybe she could just schedule me with the Dr. for next week. Although my horrible hormone induced brain is thinking, you moron, I will then be 40 weeks, at my due date and my whole issue is that i do not want to go to my due date let alone over. I did bite my tongue and refrain from being ornery with the lady. So she then said I can get you in at 1:30 tomorrow. Well Ethan gets out of school at 2:30 and their track record for being on time and quick is not so good. I told her this and she promised me I would be out of their office no later than 2:15. We'll see. I am pretty sure I will be leaving a urine sample with them and not getting any questions answered. Today was not a good day to start but ended up okay with us spending the day swimming at my mom's house since it has decided to get over the 100 degree mark while I am still pregnant. Last Wed. I did go to the hospital with contractions that were 3 min. apart for the entire morning and then didn't slow down once I got to the hospital. When they checked me they said I was still a 2 and there hadn't been much change. So after an hour and a half they sent me home. I was oh so bitter. As of today I would say I am probably even more bitter and I don't see any of this getting any better unless I get some good news from the Dr. tomorrow....if i actually get to see him.

7 seriously good comments:

Kristin said...

Oh good luck tomorrow, I hope you see the Dr. at least, here hoping you don't reach your due date.

Carrie said...

Hang in there! (Easier said than done in this heat.)

AmyPoll said...

You are almost there...just hang in there!!! I hate doctors offices and waiting for over an hour to have my 5 minutes with him...just remind them tomorrow that she said you would be out by 2:15 and hopefully they can pull some strings for you.

Carianne said...

I plan on picking up Ethan at 2:30 for you and no arguing with me. Who is watching the other kids? I will be home all day today. So let me help. Try crying when you see your doctor...it somewhat worked for me. He did make me go like 3 days longer before he took them but it was better than the original c-section date. Good Luck and I will see you later!

Heidi and Rich said...

Hang in there. The last two weeks are the worst. Here in Vegas you have to schedule your induction dates a month in advance or more. I hope he takes pity on you and does something!!!

Mandee said...

I feel for you Kim... those last few weeks and days are the worst. But I also have to tell you- now that I am done having kids- that I am so jealous of you! I know it's hard, but the anticipation of knowing your baby will be here soon... it's so exciting! And I always loved going to the hospital and having a baby- sitting in my hospital gown with an epidural... just hanging out... waiting to push... waiting to see your baby. And that instant deep breath of relief when the baby finally comes out. Oh... it's all Heaven.

But like a good friend once told me, and I have found to be true... the belly is the best babysitter.

laura said...

I know it's so hard once you've had an early baby. You think they should all be like that. I feel for you. I hope good things will happen for you tomorrow. Your doctor will check you, which will get things moving along, and you'll have a baby in this beautiful 75 degree weather. If you don't have the baby tomorrow, call me. I would love to go walking with you tomorrow night- and then maybe even on the trampoline. That oughta do it.