Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ashton is here on our 100th post


Well, I made it to 100 posts and I made it through my last pregnancy and delivery. On Mon. the 26th we welcomed Ashton Michael Simpson into our family. He was our biggest kid yet. 8 lbs 12 oz and 21 inches long. The delivery went really really well until it was time to push. That lasted longer than I would have liked. For one, I didn't feel any labor pains at all. They gave me my epidural as soon as I had one bag of IV fluid in me. Then it was a sit and chat and relax with Jared, my mom and my sister. Then they said time to push, I thought great we are almost done. Well, not only was he large he was also sunny side up so every time I pushed he came down, then when I was done he slid right back up. Eventually we got him out, although today I feel like I have been in a serious brawl. I ache from head to toe. We are home and everyone is doing well. Jared has the week off thank goodness. These are a few of the pics. I am slightly embarrassed of the one with my huge leg right in front, but that is the only one I have of me holding him. We think he looks just like Landon when Landon was born, but they change so quick he could end up looking like Ethan or Mackenzie so we'll see. Now I am off to my bed to relax!

Okay after seeing the picture of me and the lower half of my body almost showing, I had to take it out. That was a little too much. Jared said when he took it that he only took it from the top half up since the Dr. was still working on me. Apparently he forgot to look at the lower right part of the screen in the camera. Sorry everyone.

19 seriously good comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah he has arrived. He is so cute and chubby. I hope everything went well. I was going to ask Lindsay on Sunday hoe you were doing but didn't see anyone. Congratulations. He is beautiful. I will keep checking for new pics!

Unknown said...

By the way this is Jaime I just realized I am on under Michaels name again so don't freak out!

Rachel M said...

CONGRATS!!!! What a cutie.

Mandee said...

Yay! He's here! And I love his chubby cheeks!

Melissa said...

WOW!! He looks chunkier than the picture you sent to my phone. He's so cute and no matter who he looks like he'll be good looking. Your kids are all so cute. I'm glad all went well. Thanks for posting the pics. We can't wait to meet him. =)

Race Fam said...

Congratulations, he is darling! I can't believe you've already got time to blog!

Kristin said...

Congrats! I've heard he is so cute! I'll call tomorrow, I'm checking on what is happening with meals. I hope you get some rest.

Hartmans said...

well, with a head that large it is no wonder you pushed for a while. His cheeks ar probably what kept pushing him back up!:) I am glad that you are not pregnant anymore and super jealous that he already slept 4 hours straight. Taft is 5 weeks old and I can't seem to consistently get 4 hours at a time!

Heidi and Rich said...

Congratulations. He is so cute. I am glad your mom and sister got to be there. I love the Clyde girls and hope that you do get some rest.

Lindalu said...

Congrats--he is so handsome!!! I can't believe our boys birthdays, that is awesome. I don't suppose we will ever live close enough again to celebrate together. :( Oh well we can always enjoy the pics.

Matt & Amy said...

Oh my goodness, he is so cute! I can not believe how "healthy" he is. I see some Ethan in him. I hope you get feeling better and get some sleep.

Kristin said...

Congrats, what a big, little cutie! He is up there with Wallace size babies. Hope you are getting some sleep.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! We hope your recovery is quick!

AmyPoll said...

You are too tiny to have that big of a baby!!! He is such a cute little chunk!!! CONGRATS!!!

Abby said...

Congrats! He's such a cute little chubby baby!

Jamie Smith said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you are all done with the wonderful labor experience! He is so cute and chubby! I'm starting to think that this baby is going to be a lot bigger, since I feel huge! At least it better be bigger!

Anyways, I hope you start feeling better and not so sore! That's the worst!

emily said...

Yeah! You made it! I am so glad he's here and everyone is healthy and happy. It must be #4...Jack was also my biggest at 8 lbs. 12 oz too! That's a big baby!:) You look great and can't wait to see more pictures and hear about how the kids are doing with him! Good luck with the first couple of weeks! Give him big kisses from me!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

He is quite the cutie - I love his cheeks. So glad that you figured out the hunger thing - any solution for an unhappy newborn is welcome news!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! She is a sweetie--kind of makes me want one-- but can I just hold yours?