Monday, April 28, 2008

The flipping update

Well, today was a pretty good Dr. appt. Baby Ashton has decided to listen to his parents and flipped on his own. He is weighing about 6 1/2 lbs, his head and waist and pretty much everything on him is measuring as if I am due at the end of the week except his legs. They are right on schedule for a 35 1/2 weeker. So this baby will be just like Landon, short with a huge head, a big tummy, and hopefully the same big blue eyes as landon. The ultrasound lady said if she had to guess she thought that if I went pretty close to my due date I could easily have a 9+ lb baby. Since i don't think my hips are made for a baby that big and to quote Amy Pohler from the movie I really want to see "Baby Mama" "You don't come back from that", we are going to work on having this baby soon. If I went into labor tonight my Dr. said he would just let me go. Thank heavens since it was 95 degrees today and I remembered what it was like to be pregnant during the summer in San Antonio minus the humidity(does that bring back some memories Amy?). So now that i have the green light let the remedies, myths, and old wives tales begin. Hopefully this will be the last week I am pregnant. I am taking my herbs but if you have anything else that has worked to send you or someone you know into labor I will be taking any and all suggestions.

12 seriously good comments:

Melissa said...

Yea!! I'm so happy for you. If Ashton looks like Landon, then he'll be adorable. I love Landon! And Ethan and Mackenzie. =) I hope whatever you try works.

Mandee said...

Then make sure you go see Baby Mama asap... because it is hilarious! Good Luck!

Race Fam said...

Try going 4 wheeling I've heard that works, Maybe you can borrow your moms car and take it out in the hills, (Do you remember doing that in your mom's suburban!) Or I've heard go on a walk and walk with one foot on the sidewalk and one on the street, I don't remember who told me that one but it never worked for me maybe it will for you! (sounds pretty dumb ,I know.) I hope you have him soon. Ashton is a cute name!

Rachel M said...

great news!!! I was hoping you wouldn't have to have a c-section...since mine was a beast of a recovery. I have heard eating an entire fresh pineapple in one sitting works as does eating a turkey dinner. Never have tried them though...always went into labor on my own. Can't wait to see him!!

Jaime said...

I am so excited for you!!! Yeah it is almost over. You and Cami need to get together and take what ever you can to get these babies out. We do need to do dinner before you both have these babies. I love the name by the way. Very cute.

Hartmans said...

Hey Kim-
Glad to hear all of it. First, that the guy flipped on his own, so you don't have to worry about Jared:) and, because since Landon looks like me, I will take another look a like. We think Taft is starting to take on his mother's look as well. Oh, and I hear that a Pitossin (spelling?) drip works well...atleast it did for me!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck and I secretly hope he looks like Dustin!

Carrie said...

Nothing worked to get my cozy little Nate out of the womb except a pitocin drip 1 week past his due date! I'm glad Ashton flipped, though! At least you don't have to have a c-section.

AmyPoll said...

I am so glad that he flipped for you so you don't have to make that tough decision. Now if he will only be as cooperative to come in the next week, you will be looking great!!!

emily said...

I'm so glad that everything seems to be working out for you and you don't have any major decisions to have to make. When I first read the title of this post, I thought you were frustrated with having to post about the baby. "The flippin' update" was how I read it. Then I realized you were referring to the baby flipping. I had a good little laugh to myself. I know how long the last little bit of pregnancy feels, so I hope hope hope that it goes by quickly for you or that it's over soon. Good luck and let us know when things happen!

Abby said...

I thought doing "it" is supposed to make you go in labor?
Good Luck!

Matt & Amy said...

I vote for the comment above...if I remember correctly it worked for Mackenzie??? I was so excited that Ashton decided to flip on his own because I SO do not like c-sections and was hoping you would not have to do that. Any update?? Keep us posted.