So around 4:45 this morning I wake up to Mackenzie crying, I lay there and think please go back to sleep, my kids have gotten so messed up with daylight savings. All of a sudden I think I hear a door open, and mackenzie is screaming don't leave, don't leave. Of course Jared is sleeping through the entire thing, but I leap out of bed almost killing myself on the pillows on our floor. I am in a complete panic thinking someone has broken into our house and is taking her. I watch way to many law and order type shows so my mind is always thinking the worst most crazy thing is going to happen. Anyway, I run to the front door which is open to find mackenzie running down our driveway. Totally asleep still screaming. Our neighbors probably think we are crazy. We do have a lock at the top of our door which was up but somehow wasn't working, so jared will be fixing that when he gets home from work tonight. Mackenzie finally went back to sleep and of course I was wide awake until around 6 when I fell back asleep for about 20 mins before the kids got up for the day, and jared was still sound asleep.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 seriously good comments:
Wow, totally scary. My brother would sleep walk, but his was always when he had to go to the bathroom. My mom once went out the front door like that and freaked my dad out, I can imagine it with your child.
Oh my goodness Kim! That is SO scary. Thank heavens you are a light sleeper. Matt would of never heard it either. I have told him that someone could drag me across his face and he would still remain asleep.
Eeeekkkk! That is so scary! It's a good thing that you heard her...I wonder how far she would have gone had you not! I have to admit, though, that I am the heavy sleeper in our relationship. My poor kids.
Wow. I can't believe that. I'd want to keep a monitor in her room. But I guess you are a light sleeper. I am when it comes to the kids. I am glad you live in a nice, quiet neighborhood. Imagine if you lived in Vegas?!? Just kidding.
How scary! I didn't realize kids so little could sleep walk! Well, I'm glad you got her and she was ok!
That is so scary. i am a paranoid parent anyway, so I think this would send me over the edge. i am so glad mackenzie is fine and hopefully you are too.
Post a Comment