Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happy Birthday To Landon!!


So yesterday Landon turned 4 years old. They grow up so fast. I figured I would post a couple of pictures of him in his honor. Even when he was a baby his hair naturally went into a mohawk. Landon was my most difficult labor by far. He was breech at 37 weeks and my Dr. ( Dr. Wen one of the best OB's around) said they would try and flip him. I agreed to it only if they would give me an epidural before they did it, and if it worked that they induce me since I had been in and out of the hospital since 28 weeks with pre-term labor. I was so ready to be done.



















They agreed so on the 14th we went to the hospital. They gave me my little piece of heaven (the epidural) and Landon just flipped on his own. So they turned the epidural off and put something on my cervix to soften it and see if just that would put me into labor. They said if it doesn't work in 12 hours we start a drip. Well 10 hours later it worked. I told the nurse I need them to turn the epidural back on. She said oh we have to wait for the Dr. ( I am pretty sure and an anesthesiologist went to lots of medical school and would qualify as a Dr. but apparently the Ob was the only one to give the Ok). That is when I entered the 9th circle of Hell. Landon was not waiting for anyone. His head broke my water and anyone standing within 5 feet of me got wet. I say that is what they get for not listening to me. Then I started scaling the bed trying to go where I don't know away from the pain I guess. Then I started screaming for the Dr. and for someone to help me since I thought I was dying. Finally the Anesthesiologist comes in and says "Why is she like this she already has the epidural?" Then he gives me what he calls the atomic bombs of epidurals. Jared was relieved at this point since I don't think his neck could take any more scratches in it. My OB walks in says push, out comes landon, then I went to sleep. The oh so lovely picture is a little while later and even then I still wasn't able to hold landon very long since I kept falling asleep. I am not sure what the dr. put in the epidural but somedays I wish I had acess to it.

So that is Landon's arrival into this world. Eventful just like every day with him. Landon is our funniest most honest kid. He is not one to sugar coat anything, he tells it like it is. This last picture is him on his first day of preschool. He dressed himself, hence the beanie. Of course we can't forget his pillow so that he can cover up the fingers he is sucking. So happy birthday to landon, we love you.

3 seriously good comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

I love hearing delivery stories. Not that I want to hear that a woman is in pain but they are just so amazing and unique. He looks like a little pill (in a good way). I love that he hides his fingers. Congrats on the big 4. Are you sure you want to go through that again Kim?

Mandee said...

I love that picture of you holding him. And your reference to the 9th circle of hell. You are hilarious.

Lindalu said...

I forgot Tanner and Landon share the same birthday. They are growing up way too fast!