Warning this will be picture overload. I know there are at least 4 of you at the the hospital right now that will enjoy all of them though. We are awaiting the arrival of our newest nephew Grant. Hopefully he will be born soon!!!!!
Labor Day:
We spent our day off over are Laura Skinner's parents house. Her dad was kind enough to let a whole truck load of people with more kids than we could count over to eat, swim, and play lawn bowling. Yes, the guys played lawn bowling. I thought that there was an age restriction on that game (like 65) but it seemed to be addictive especially to those who are competitive at heart. We had a great time, we wore the kids out and enjoyed what is sure to be the start of the limited number of swimming days remaining.
Ethan
This the shot of landon going in. Sorry it is blurry
This is the shot of him coming out. He pretty much landed belly flop. That didn't stop him though. He kept wanting to do it again and again.
All the boys. They decided that they wanted to taste all the popsicle's. So they took turns tasting each others. Hopefully no one gets sick.
Landon in heaven. The kids loves anything cake-like. A popsicle in one hand a brownie in the other.Jared, Luke and Brian lawn bowling or Boccie(sp?) ball as it is also called
Yes they are using a measuring tape.
First Day:
Mackenzie started school on Tues. She was very excited and was ready to go. She got to school went right in put her backpack in her cubby and sat down in front of the doll house to play. I thought, I should go tell her I am leaving. When I said have fun she said don't leave. She didn't cry or make a big fuss, she just said it very quietly and looked at me with these sad eyes. I have never been one to get upset at leaving my kids when they go to school, or to even be bothered if when I leave them at school, or nursery and they are crying. When she said that though, I felt a little sad for her, maybe because she is my only girl or maybe because when she said it she wasn't embarrassing me by hanging on my leg while screaming bloody murder while I am trying to walk out the door. I told her I needed to go home and take care of the baby and would be back in just a little bit. Then she was fine and I was fine and we both went about the morning without a single tear shed. If I thought there was even the slightest possibility I was pregnant, I would be concerned because that would be the only other explanation for my sudden emotion to dropping my child off at school for the first time. I am usually the mom you see with the route 44 diet coke from sonic wandering aimlessly through target with the biggest smile on my face and only one child in the basket instead of four. Mackenzie had a great time at school and is looking forward to Thurs. when she can go again.
So that sums up our last week and this past holiday weekend. Our next posts will probably be about soccer and dance which are all getting started, and let not forget my girls weekend. Yes, that is right, jared is taking the kids from Thurs to Sat while I go to the beach with 5 friends. I will owe him big time since on that weekend we have back to school night, soccer practice, 2 soccer games, a birthday party and he is supposed to play the violin at a stake activity on Sat. as well. I hope he is still standing when I get back.



8 seriously good comments:
I'm so jealous of Mackenzie at St. Philips. I'm sure Austin wants to be there too. Stupid money, why does it have to make everything so difficult.
Aww the kids are so cute! I'm so sad we don't get to see them more often. I'm really jealous of your girls weekend. I'm sure I'll need you to teach me how to make dustin take the kids for the weekend... well when we hav kids. I don't see Dustin being too happy about that.
Oh my goodness, Mackenzie is way too cute. That story breaks my heart that she just asked you to stay.
I hope you have a GREAT time this weekend!
Sounds fun - Girls Weekend!!! WOW!! Someday maybe. I didn't remember that Jared plays the violin - that's cool. Tell him good luck with all the kids.
Looks like a lot of fun! Wish I was there for a girls weekend--I am ready for a break!
Did you watch ANTM? What is up with that? Are you going to keep watching?
Love your kids. They are al so cute. I love that Mackenzie's backpack is as big as she is. Have fun on your girls weekend. Sounds like heaven.
I am counting down the minutes until Thursday!!!!! Mackenzie looked so cute with that big back pack on. I am going to have to try out lawn bowling I think my kids would love that.
I hope you have a fun trip at the beach! I'm jealous! I need a vacation. I almost booked a cruise without Paul, but my friend and I missed the deadline!
Post a Comment