Saturday, September 20, 2008

Celebrities

I had said that I wasn't going to bring up anything really political on my blog since I figured who really needs to hear what I think about political things from my blog, but I can't stand it anymore. I am so sick of hearing these people in hollywood who think that if they have made a movie and have a bunch of money that they now have some sort of degree in political science, talk about the people running for office. Does Lindsay Lohan really think that the someone with any sort of brain would really listen and vote for who she thinks would be the best president? That should be a clear indicator of who you shouldn't vote for. Jada Pinkett Smith said she was voting for Michelle Obama. Really? I hadn't gotten the news flash that she was running. I am ready for this election to be over. I hate listening to idiots. When it is an election year they come out the wood works to give their two cents (it is kind of like the fair here in Bakersfield, when you go you think to yourself where have all these people who make people watching so much fun been?) While reading one of my celeb magazines the other day (yes I do read them, I just want to look at the pictures I don't really want to know what any of them have to say) there was a quote in there and I was shocked by who said it since I 110% agreed with it

“I truly believe that people like myself, entertainers in the limelight, should keep their mouth shut on politics. Because at the end of the day, let me tell you what I’m good at: I'm good at writing songs and singing. What I’m not educated in is the field of political science. And so for me to be sharing my views and influencing people of who I think they should be voting for… I think would be very irresponsible on my part.”
Kid Rock explains why he disagrees with celebrity endorsements of politicians.

So this is what this election year has come to......me on the same page as kid rock. Seriously ridiculous.

9 seriously good comments:

Melissa said...

Amen!! Celebrities are so out of control with their comments.

Matt & Amy said...

AMEN is right!!! I was just telling Matt the other day how much I could not stand Brad Pitt. Like I give a darn what he has to say.

Mandee said...

I read that Kid Rock thing, too- I have a whole new love for Kid Rock.

I am seriously biting my tongue, but i might have to let loose and give my 2 cents, which usually ends up being more like 2 dollars.

And thanks for that tip on hair gel and lotion. I had no idea!

Katrena said...

I was also very annoyed by something political LiLo said recently. And the $$$ BP gave to No on Prop 8 too and then trying to make those that don't agree with it feel like we are belittling others. But, I'm also tired of those with political science backgrounds speculating on what is going to happen as well (apparently Nick isn't). Haven't we all decided what we want to do yet? Aren't we ready to take a vote and get this all over with?

Kristina said...

I agree.

Heidi and Rich said...

Too funny. You have a made your point and I agree who cares what the celebrities think about politics. All the craziness makes me not even want to vote. Okay - I will vote but I can't wait to end all of the commercials and phone calls.

Lindalu said...

Dr. Phil said the same thing and I thought good for you. I am so sick of Hollywood telling us what they think we should do!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

SO VERY TRUE! I'm tired of the election and all of it.

Dustin and Rachel Clyde said...

I've been thinking the same exact thing! Celebrities are ridiculous and should stick to what they're good at and leave politics to people who acutaly know what they're talking about!