Monday, September 15, 2008

GIRLS GETAWAY 2008



Our View

So we finally had our weekend and it was the most fun I have had in a long time without my family. We went down to oxnard on Thurs. to stay and then went over to santa barbara on Sat. Our hotel sat right on the beach and had a huge hot tub which we made sure to visit. There were six of us (we were minus one who couldn't go last minute, We missed you Lisa!!) We really didn't have a set plan as to what we were going to do, so we just kind of went with the flow. We all did want to go shopping so we did lots of that. We didn't get a chance to lay out at the beach since it was a little chilly for us Bakersfield girls who are used to laying out in hot hot weather. We stayed up late talking (2 or 3 am) and got up pretty early (7 or so for jamie and I, guess we're old). On Friday we all went and got spa treatments, pedicures, facials, massages. Apparently we all talk too much since the lady giving my sister her facial said, "It is usually not this loud in here." We didn't care though as long as it was us making the noise and not kids (of which totaled 22 kids left between the six of us)



At the spa

Shopped out at the Outlets
While driving around one night we happened to drive past one of the malls and attached to the mall was the biggest target I have ever seen. It was two stories. I have never seen a target like that and it was attached to a mall no less. It is a good thing I don't live near this place or one like it. I am a sucker for target and it has become like costco for me. I can't leave that place without it costing me $100.


View from our room
Jamie getting a pedicure
Lindsay and Nicole at the spa
Lindsay after her facial

Unfortunately since there were six of us that meant there were at least 4 cameras. I am missing some pictures that we had taken of all of us together. So you will just have to blog hop to the blogs of others who went if you are really dying to see the other pictures. I came home to a house that had been picked up and laundry that had been done and was almost all put away. Jared went above and beyond what I was expecting for him being home by himself with all the kids. We had so many things going on that weekend I was surprised he made it through the weekend still standing. So a very big thank you to him and to all the other husbands for letting us girls get away for a few days. FYI though I am pretty sure we will be trying to make this a yearly thing. Thanks for a great time girls!!!

7 seriously good comments:

Carianne said...

How lucky are you. I am glad you got away and had fun. I couldn't even imagine leaving. Oh, and I hear that Target is going in at the Valley Plaza Mall. Read it in the newspaper. I am soooo excited!

Race Fam said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I am going next year!! The beach looks like it was chilly!
I made Brad watch the kids while I got a pedicure, that way I felt like I had a mini getaway!!

Heidi and Rich said...

You guys are so spoiled!!! Someday- I'd love to join you!! Just kidding I wouldn't invite myself. I am glad you got away - you all deserve it. most of you have 3-5 kids right. I can hardly keep up with 2 and I have no soccer practices, dance recitals, school drop offs, etc.

Hartmans said...

all i can say is that i am jealous! Score for jared. Can't wait to see you guys in December!

Jaime said...

I had a great time with all of you guys! I look forward to next year for sure. we did miss Lisa and will make sure she comes along next time. By the way I hate the picture of me in the chair. I am smiling like such a dork! Thanks again for getting up with me each morning so early.

Melissa said...

WOW!! What fun. The beach is gorgeous. Glad you had a blast. I'm sure you all deserved it. Way to go dads for surviving. Can't wait for your next trip to see us at Christmas.

Johnsons said...

ok ur my hero! i had soooo much fun tonight, thank you for having this amazing girls night! those crafts were worth like $50 at a store! Those Pumpkin bars.. PRICELESS!!! Im going to dream about them tonight! Thanks girl!