Monday, March 30, 2009

Poor Ashton. The kid can not catch a break. He just finished his medicine for an ear infection a week ago and then Sat. night we were up all night with him, and after a visit to the urgent care Sun. morning we found out he either has another ear infection or the last one didn't totally clear up. So we are on meds again. Then today at my mom's house he pulled a lamp down on top of his head.

I was very proud of myself since I didn't freak out. I can remain calm and think somewhat logically when something happens as long as my own kids are not involved but when it is one of my own I tend to lose it. Today I did not, even though when I got to him blood was pouring out of this tiny wound. Why do heads and faces have to bleed so much, they make you think it is so much worse than it really is.


So we came home got him all cleaned up and now he has a nice little bald spot on his head complete with butterfly just to make sure it stays closed and heals up a little bit better.






10 seriously good comments:

Hartmans said...

man, that looks rough. Taft has an ear infection and a cold right now! Hope it heals quickly! He is really looking like Landon in the last picture!

Lindalu said...

So sorry I hate dealing with this kind of stuff. Glad you hung in there and the drama is over for now.

Abby said...

Sad. Poor little guy. He's still cute as ever!

Jaime said...

Poor thing. I hope he is feeling better. I hate this flu/cold season.

Simpson family said...

so sorry you have to go through all this. It comes with kids though. He is sooo cute and kiss him for Grandma and tell him I'm sorry and I love him.

Kristina said...

He's adorable! I talked to Jared about coming in mid May. If that is not good for y'all just let me know. I just updated my blog with some videos and I should have some more pictures on there tonight or tomorrow morning as well.

Race Fam said...

Nixon saw those pictures and said ouch thats got to hurt! Poor baby, hope he feels better soon!!

laurie said...

so sad! what a trooper! :(

Matt & Amy said...

And what a cute little bald spot it is...poor little guy. Love those big, blue eyes!

Melissa said...

That's a bummer about his head. He has the most beautiful eyes of all your kids I think. He's starting to thin out too. Hope he feels better soon. He's such a sweet kid and I can't wait to see him again.