(my favorite children's book) My last few posts have been not so happy. Today I entered what felt like the 9th circle of hell and at the very end made my way out of it.
I was up late the night before so I was tired this morning. Not out of the norm as usual. Then it began, the running around trying to find things for school, get kids out the door on time, etc, etc. Ashton cried most of the day (except while at mackenzie's dance, I am grateful for small miracles) he won't eat much and he just keeps tugging at his ears so we are headed back to the doctors tomorrow. Mackenzie had one meltdown after another today, went through 5 different outfits to ensure I had enough laundry to do, and pooped on the lawn in the backyard which resulted in the mother of all meltdowns after she got in ginormous trouble for that. Landon complained all afternoon that "it's not fair". You name it, it's is not fair for him. Eventually I found him outside in his underwear peeing on the rocks in our backyard. Why? Because it's not fair that mackenzie got to poop in the backyard.
Someone please have mercy on my sanity.
I met jared at the door when he walked in from work and I walked out to stop by a friends and run some errands. I left 3 dirty kids and a house that looked like a natural disaster had occurred inside it. This could have been a picture of me at the very moment jared got home.


I left. I came home just over an hour later a little less stressed. Walked into the kitchen and found it all cleaned up, no toys on the floor, no cupboards cleaned out and on the floor courtesy of ashton, no shoes strewn throughout the hallway, and best of all no kids awake. Jared rescued my sanity and made tomorrow start off a little better since I can now sleep without having to think about what I didn't get cleaned up. I also have to say that Ethan did his best to help me. He did everything I asked him to when I asked him to do it. That I would say is a giant miracle and I am even more grateful for those ones.



6 seriously good comments:
Don't you just love days like that? Glad you have a husband who is willing to help. Well wish us luck, we have baby boy #4 on the way! We will probably have him the first week or two in August. Any name suggestion? My girls is all picked out, but I am pretty sure if I ever have to be pregnant again I am going to shoot myself!
So we are going to Cancun this month with Austin and Emo for our ten year anniversary. Her parents have a time-share or something there and it is all inclusive and we got a smokin deal. So we took a chance and paid for it a few years ago(thankfully, or we wouldn't be going) and now I have something to look forward to. Hope we don't die or get sold into drug slavery!
AMTM. Still a little too early for me to decide who I like and honestly sitting here right now I can't even remember what has happened so far--I am losing it. We will have to talk more once the season has progressed.
Hang in there. Your kids are growing up so fast and look amazing, even if they feel it necessary to test our patients every now and again!
Sorry about your day! I hope your Thursday is better! One hour alone is heaven after a day like that!
I CAN NOT wait to tell Luke this poop story! You really should have a journal of all the places your kids have pooped or peed! I am also excited to tell Luke about how nicely Jared had things cleaned up when you returned. That would be nice!
What a guy. There is nothing better then to come home to a clean house! I hope you have a relaxing week with the kids out of school. Love the poop story by the way. Too funny.
Kim... your kids are crazy! So, so funny!
I love when the husbands clean up and save you. I think they do it more out of fear sometimes than anything.
Post a Comment