I MADE DINNER.
Yes, folks dinner for the Simpson's was done and cooking before noon today. To make it even better, it took me less than 30 mins. to cook, assemble, and clean up. No joke, 30 mins.
3 of my kids were at school and I didn't have the 4th one roaming my kitchen squawking at me to move so that he could proceed in emptying the cupboard I am standing in front of, since he was taking a nap, so that probably decreased the amount of time it would have normally taken, but anything less than an hour is good enough for me. So to give you a reason to use the second greatest invention of all time (the first greatest is the epidural of course) the crock pot here is the recipe. It is so good.
1 lb Lean ground beef
1 Small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 (10 3/4-oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (4.5-oz) can Chopped Green Chiles
1 (10-oz) can Enchilada Sauce
10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
12 oz (3 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. In large skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until browned and thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently, Drain. Stir in soup and chiles.
2. Spray 3 1/2 or 4- quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Spread about 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce in bottom of slow cooker. Place 4 corn tortillas over sauce, overlapping and breaking in half as necessary to make an even layer. Top with 1/3 of beef mixture, spreading evenly. Drizzle with about 1/4 cup enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
3. Repeat layering twice, using 3 corn tortillas and half of remaining beef mixture, enchilada sauce and cheese in each layer. Sprinkler paprika over top.
4. Cover; cook on low setting for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.
5. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, lettuce or whatever else you like.




4 seriously good comments:
Sounds sooooo yummy and I am totally going crock pot these days as I work 10 hour shifts and don't get home in time to eat the meal much less fix it before I go to work. I'll be anxious to try this one. Thanks for sharing.
that sounds really good and easy Kim! Thanks for sharing.
Sounds good, I'll have to go buy a crock pot now to try it. Brad threw mine away, because I never used it and he hated lugging it around every time we moved. Thanks for the recipe!
I am trying this tomorrow! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment