Wednesday, March 25, 2009

There is nothing quite like waking up to see you child's eyes looking like this. Since from here on out your day will only get better with all the things that come with a little gunk in the eye. The hand washing til they almost bleed, the 5 tons of laundry since every last thing in the house has to be washed, the near choking death from inhalation of Lysol that must be sprayed on every surface of the house, and the best part of all getting the eye drops into a screaming little girls eye.

I hate pink eye. In all the times my kids have had it (which is plenty, did you know you can get it from a swimming pool chlorine does not kill everything) I have managed to only get it once. Once was enough for me. I spent 3 days laying on my bed with a cold wash cloth over my eyes(which had to be changed often) since I was pretty sure that they would burst into flames at any moment. Here is to another week of scrubbing. Yay me.

7 seriously good comments:

Melissa said...

Bummer! She is such a beautiful girl. We got out tickets. We'll be in California June 30- thru July 6th.

Simpson family said...

Oh that hurst to look at. I feel so bad for her and you. she is still beautiful with crusty pink eyes. Miss y'all. Love, Grandma Give her hugs for me.

Lindalu said...

Can you believe in all my years of teaching I never got that or lice. Which is good because I swore I would quit if I did!

Kristina said...

Sorry to hear about the pink eye. Hope the eye drops work quickly.

Race Fam said...

No fun!! The thing that stinks about having kids is that they pass it all around to each other and you have to deal with it all!!! I guess they're worth it though.:) I hope the pink eye leaves you guys soon!!

Hartmans said...

ok, That is seriously disgusting...but I still love the sweet smile. Sorry about your luck...hopefully no one else gets it! We got a wii and I beat Eric in bowling and hung with him in golf, but I totally sucked at tennis! How is Ashton?

Matt & Amy said...

Yum! They are beautiful eyes though. She is too cute. It reminds me of when Max got hand, foot and mouth disease...nice!