For the past day and a half I have had to keep telling myself just let it go. Don't take it personally. Although that is an extremely hard thing for me to do (those that know me well I am sure are nodding their heads in agreement). It is all starting to get to me though and since all really want to do is vent and probably say things I shouldn't and be just as mean as everyone else, I will make a post about why it upsets me instead.
I love my blog and I love reading other blogs. I have been able to get back in touch with so many people who now live all over the place but at one point lived so close to me. It allows me to keep our families up to date with what we have been doing with out having to spend too much time on the phone since those of us with kids at home know how impossible it is to have a real conversation without being interrupted by screaming and fighting. I am also guilty of blog hopping/stalking. There are some seriously creative and crafty people out there that know a friend of a friend of a friend of mine. There is also tons of information on so many topics by so many people who have been there done that. Blogs have become a great resource for me which is why I have kept my blog public when so many I know have decided to go private.
I have also used my blog to vent. Vent about the things or kids that are driving me crazy. It is somewhat of a stress reliever for me and it also helps me feel better about myself when I see that others struggle with the same problems I do. Sometimes reading about someone else's bad day makes me realize that maybe mine is not so bad after all and I should stop complaining. I would hope that those reading my blog would realize that I am venting about personal experiences. Things that have happened to me and my family. Nothing I vent about attacks anyone I know in a personal way.
So yes, I was extremely hurt, mad and frustrated when yesterday I realized that one of my experiences was being used as a social commentary platform. I was then also used as a springboard for everyones frustration with people who do the same things I do. I was very hurt that people who didn't know me or my situation would pass such harsh judgement. By the time Jared got home last night I was on the verge of tears. I honestly thought that I would go to bed and everyone would move on from the day and that it would be somewhat forgotten. To my surprise that is not the case. Jared reminded me that blogging sometimes lets people feel anonymous and so they say things they wouldn't normally say about someone. Also that when you write something you cannot predict how the person reading it will interpret your tone. So with that reminder I am going to chalk this whole thing up to personal experience and move on.
One last thing I realized in the last 24 hours. It only takes one. One person to send the bandwagon rolling down the hill. One person to keep it rolling right towards someone with the intent of knocking them down. Although we should all beware that one day the bandwagon we were once on, might just be headed for us.
That is my two cents about my blog. Take it or leave it but please don't take it personally.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
When will it end.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 seriously good comments:
I would not worry about a thing. I have always enjoyed your blog and can't think of what some loser might think is bad. I am sorry you are feeling bad..punks. We had a similar thing happen to Matt's family blog, and so we then closed it as well. They do not know you because if they did they would not say anything bad about you. You are a great friend.
i agree with amy, these people don't know you...and i'd also like to mention they didn't get all of your side of the story...they just got the "spin" of someone's opinion. anyway, if they knew you they would not be so harsh. people need to remember, just because they don't know someone in the blogoshpere doesn't mean they have an open invitation to trash them.
I am so sorry this happened to you! I just can't believe people sometimes. I LOVE your blog and always enjoy reading it. Hopefully this blows over soon and people grow up.
Its amazing how much fun it can be to put our own thoughts down. I took have enjoyed having my blog public because I have found friends, (old friends have found me and I have gotten to know women that I knew very little about. Its really a shame that if someone has nothing to say thats nice, they can'r refrain from leaving comments OR linking to your blog.
I have enjoyed your blog and I think you should focus on those who LOVE it and not those who want to pick it apart. :)
You already know what I think... don't do it. But if you do... or you already did... you have my full support!
Oh.My.Gosh. Team Kim! I am going to Michael's tomorrow to buy my iron-on letters for the new shirt I'll be making in your honor. I think we need to have a dance-off, "Stomp the Yard"/"Step It Up"/Other random "Empower Inner-City Kids Via Sweet Moves" style to settle this whole mess. Holla!
Your friend above is hilarious! i loved her comment. I agree 100%
Kim, I have to admit - of all the blogs that I peek in on, yours is my favorite. Your blog is always so entertaining and I think it's because you're so honest about everything. Anyway, thanks for keeping up such a fun blog (and thanks too for the San Antonio advice you gave me a few months back). My favorite thing is definitely the outlets there!
-Zan
Post a Comment