Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Catching up

The month of November was a busy one for us. We did lots of stuff and I am now realizing as I sit here awake way too late listening to my poor fat boy baby cough away that I never made any posts about it. So here is a recap of November's happenings.

We went to see Carrie Underwood in concert. It was great. We went with my parents and my sister lindsay and her husband marc and some friends of theirs Zach and Nicole. We had a great time. We had great seats and although we had horrible service at the restaurant we ate at before the concert, it was still a very fun night. Jared I don't think was really sure if he would like the show that much but at the end of the concert she sang a
guns-n-roses song and I think it made it all better for him.

My sister, mom and me


Mackenzie and Chloe had their first sleepover. We had fun since both of them love to have fingers and toes painted and hair curled and all of the girly stuff. We only ran into problems when they needed to go to sleep. That was not happening. Even after I seperated them into different rooms to go to sleep my niece Chloe continued to talk to the dolls and to herself, then at one point she was singing all of us to sleep. It was extremely entertaining since she cracks me up.
Ethan had his last soccer game and party. Boy am I glad the season is over. He is now wanting to do basketball so I will have to gear myself up for more practices and games. At least I got a little break from it all. Jared and I were the team parents this year. It wasn't too bad but at the end of season party I kept thinking to myself..."note to self do not let yourself or jared volunteer for anything like this again." Then I also thought...."I need to remeber where I put all my notes to self since I am pretty sure there is one somewhere on this very topic."
We celebrated the boys birthdays. Their birthday's are only a few days apart so for right now they will be having birthday's together. This year we did not have a party, just family over for cake and ice cream. What a relief that was. As a mom I think birthday parties are overrated, and as a mom I am sure I will do one next year to make my kids happy. Oh well, I have got almost a whole year to not think about it.
This year I also decided to make the one of the boys birthday gifts. Now we all know what that means for me. Stress. Since my day never goes as planned, I never get anything done when I think I will. The boys did love their new magnet boards and are very excited to put things on them. That made staying up til 3 am the night before to finish them worth it ( well for the most part, I would have liked to have been asleep but things gots to gets done around here) now if I can get them hung on the wall we will be in business.




Lastly, Thanksgiving. This is my least favorite holiday. This might be the reason I have no pictures of the actual holiday. I only took pictures of Landon's Kindergarten Feast which was very cute and didn't involve any husbands watching football, me having to bake anything, or any clean up by me. I am telling anyone who would like to join us next year we will be eating Thanksgiving out somewhere and I will be ever so thankful to those people who will prepare my meal and serve it to me.

9 seriously good comments:

Melissa said...

Love all the pics--especially Mackenzie and Chloe in their curlers. Brought back good memories. =) Thanksgiving is your second to least holiday. Halloween--remember? =)

Kim Simpson said...

Thanks for the reminder:) I guess I am a 2 holiday woman. Give me Christmas and the 4th of July and I would be happy. Valentines would have been on the list but since it is so close to my birthday it just gets lumped in with that celebration.

The Reno Family said...

Kim- I am on the same boat as you when it comes to Thanksgiving. Can't stand it. It's just too much hassle and WAY too much drama for one stinkin meal.

laura said...

My new life mission- To not allow you to take your cute family to Hodel's next year for Thanksgiving dinner. That's just un-American.
Oh, and I love the picture of the girls in their curlers. I will have to post pictures of Kea trying to straighten her hair. You always want what you don't have...

Heidi and Rich said...

Thanks for the advice on Castor oil!!! I love the latest update with photos. The magnet boards are way cute. You are quite the crafter!!! I too think many holidays are overrated. Sorry about the whole controversy on the seat belt issue...if you do go private I need an invite!!!

Abby said...

That's a cute picture of you, Lindsay and the Bon Bon! You guys are fun!

EMILY said...

Hi Kimmy!It's me, Emily Lamirandadingdong.I've totally been stalking your blog, and lady, let me say that you are the same sweet,crazy and fun Kim that you were when we were kids.I love it! P.S. Your children are super cute. Way to go on that.

Hartmans said...

The new kids picture is so dang cute. They have the most beautiful blue eyes. Taf twould fit in quite nicely thanks to his Daddy!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

That all looks like so much fun, especially the concert. Phillip won't admit it, but I think he likes Carrie Underwood too. She's very pretty too. Good job on the magnet boards.