So for our faithful from the beginning blog readers you will remember that our ward does a "ward pinewood derby". It is the best activity I go to each year. The only bad part is when your husband somehow runs out of time to actually make the car and I end up having to start making it about 3 hours before the activity. Last year jared made a skateboard with a gorilla on top. We actually won a few races and won the award for most creative. This year was a total bust. We lost every race we were in by a long shot and we didn't win anything for the car itself. I thought it was pretty creative making a "Simpson's" car. I did the entire thing with a dremmel. Everyone that heard that laughed pretty hard but I am not sure what else I really could have used. I printed the characters and then ran them through my laminator so they would look like they were sitting up. My brother dustin should really appreciate this car since he is a huge "Simpson's" fan. My kids came up to me during the races and informed me that our car sucked because it kept losing. Besides that we all had a good time. They had an auction of baked goods and babysitting from the young women to raise money for camp. My dad has deeper pockets than I do and won a few things that we decided to enjoy right then. Homemade Tres Leches cake and popcorn balls. The cake was delicious and was completely gone in about 10 mins. I think we will start working on the car a little sooner for next year.
We decided this year to plant from tomatoes, zucchini, and strawberries. The kids are very excited about this. Hopefully they will leave the plants alone so that they can actually produce some food. We under estimated the size that the zucchini plants would get. We are going to have to split them up. We were all very excited when we found some strawberries on the plant the other day.



5 seriously good comments:
Love the garden and the derby car. It looks great. Love pics of the kids too. Can't wait to get out there again. Glad Ethan likes to call me and keep me updated with his activities and abilities. I love it that he knows my phone number. hope you are feeling okay Kim. We pray for you night and day. It won't be long now.
I love the car...very original. It definately should have won an award!!!
I can't even imagine how I would make a pinewood derby car. I am proud that you did that. The garden looks great!! I love that you keep us posted on your life. I wish I lived in Bakersfield (somedays)!!!
I agree the car should have won an award. I hope all is well with y'all. I love seeing pictures of y'all. I love the garden too. I want to plant one but I was informed yesterday I should have planted two months ago here to yield anything. I will have to wait until september.
Two thumbs up for the creativity of the car. I also think you should get brownie points for doing it all yourself. Austin would have really liked the Simpson's car. It's actually on our TV as we speak!:) Good luck with the gardening. I haven't ventured into that realm yet. Anything that needs maintenance is going to have to wait a couple more years!
Post a Comment