So although I have a few talents that come in handy, playing the piano, organizing things, and I consider myself a great driver (others including jared, triple A auto club, and I am sure some fellow drivers may disagree), there is one talent I do not have and really wish I did. Sewing. I do have a sewing machine and have attempted to sew some things like my scrapbook pages and alter something for my mom which ended up being taken to a tailor with instructions not to tell them that her daughter tried to do it. My mother in law Donna on the other hand can sew. Very well I might add. The picture here is of Mackenzie's room on the day we decided to paint. Normally not all the furniture would be in the middle of the room. We painted and when my in-laws came out for Thanksgiving Donna said she would sew Mackenzie's bedding if I wanted. So of course I spent the next few weeks picking out fabric. During Thanksgiving she sewed like a mad woman and finished almost all of it while she was here. I was impressed it all went so fast, it would have taken me that long just to figure out how to thread the machine and we won't even get started on the whole bobbin thing. So below are the finished pictures. She just recently sent a package containing some shams and what she had done with all the extra material. I think it all turned out very very cute. So thank you thank you Donna we (especially me) love it.
The bedding (even with out furniture it is still cute)
The oh-so-cute ottoman from the extra material
Another view of the bed with the ribbon board on the dresser (Teresa my SIL, helped me do one of those ribbon bulletin boards with extra fabric. I ran out of ribbon and still need to get some buttons to put on it. One of these days it will get done, it will require me to use a needle and thread to put the buttons on so it may be awhile)



7 seriously good comments:
Very cute! I wish I would have learned to sew as well, but I'm afraid I'll never get around to learning. Her room is adorable and will last her a long time. I hate when people paint these hot pink etc. rooms and then it doesn't grow with the kid. Good choice on colors and fabric.
Holy Cow! I can't believe how cute that is. She should open a business. I love having crafty relatives. (I found your blog from Lauras)
Adorable! I love the colors you chose--then again I never have been all about the girly pink stuff.
That turned out cute. What a nice MIL. How is the pregnancy?!? Call me when you have a free moment (is that possible with 3, almost 4 kids>?!?)
Ok that is so cute! Where did you end up buying fabric? I love it. I love the little chair or should I say ottoman!
Amazing! A talent that I for sure do not have. I got a sewing machine about 10 years ago for Christmas, and I am still not sure how to thread it.
Mackenzie is the cutest thing of all though!
Oh, that is so cute. I love to sew, but it is hard finding the time. Plus I struggle with the picking out cute fabric part. You did great.
Post a Comment