Sunday, January 13, 2008

Our Vacation and Everything else




I got smart this time and used the photo montage stuff to post all the photos. We went to Utah for a short trip after New Years. We went up for Kristal's (my SIL) baby shower but jared also wanted to do some snowboarding and there was PLENTY of snow for that. We also put ethan in some snowboarding lessons for a day. I think he thought it would be easier so he got a little frustrated but all in all said he had fun and would like to go again. We also took the kids to the Dino Museuem at Thanksgiving Point. Well worth the money we spent a few hours there and probably could have spent more if Mom and Dad weren't tired and ready to go. We had a horrible drive back. We got caught in the worst snow storm especially for us who are not used to driving in it. It took us almost 6 hours to get to Cedar City from Salt Lake. Usually it takes us just under three hours. It made for a long trip home. I also posted a picture of what we got the kids for their birthday back in Nov. Jared along with my brother in law Eric (many thanks) built them a swing set from sctrach. They designed, bought and built all of it. Jared still needs to put the posts in so that the "clubhouse part" is more enclosed but the kids have been more than happy to use it regardless of the total finish. Last but not least, Ethan finally lost his first tooth. He was more than excited. The toothfairy gave him a dollar. Bad timing for losing a tooth after a birthday, christmas, and a trip to utah. I think he would have been happy with a quarter. So that is us in a nutshell for the last few weeks. We were sorry we didn't get to see anyone while we were in utah but with the outings and snowboarding and baby shower we decided to make the trip less jam packed and eventually make another trip up there just to see people. Hopefully everyone else had a great holiday break and that those with kids back in school are enjoying it as much as I am!

3 seriously good comments:

Kristin said...

Isn't it so tough to remember the tooth fairy, I swear my kids make bank because I forget so often. Glad you are safe after the storm, my mom said it was a bad on in NV.

Melissa said...

Kim your blog looks great. . .as always. I loved all the pics. I got a little teary-eyed seeing Ethan being such a big brother. His smile is so genuine and seems to be chilling out some. Of course, I'm not there all the time, but it just seems like it from our visit and the pics you've posted. Thanks for keeping us updated. I love your kids so much.

Melissa

Matt & Amy said...

Congrats to Ethan! I wish we could have seen you all in Utah. I feel like I need a vacation from vacation when we go there. Great job on the swing. I thought that was the one from Costco.