Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tanner's Birthday!

So at the end of august it was my nephew tanner's birthday. I know I am only a month late. His birthday was at a place here called pump it up. A bunch of inflatable jumping things and then a party room. Great place to have a party. They do everything from setting up the party room to cutting the cake and dishing up the ice cream. Also what could be better than letting your kids run around like crazy for an hour then taking them home to bed. I think I will let the boys have their birthday's there in Nov. The adults had a pretty good time too. All of us including my parents took a turn racing on the obstacle course they have there. There was some cheating going on mostly by the men, but all in all it was a good time. Here are a few pictures. some didn't turn out as well as I would have liked but what do ya do. I also have to give myself a pat on the back for tanners cake. Although we just got a frosted white cake from Costco ( that week was crazy busy and I didn't have time to make the cake too) I did do the decorating on it. It could have looked a little better. There is so much detail on spider man it was hard to do on a small scale. Oh well practice makes perfect right?
















Each of the boys took a turn on the throne. They all had everyone bowing to them. It was pretty entertaining to watch.




















My niece Chloe


















This was before they let the kid go back into the room with all the inflatables. They had to tell the kids the rules. How many of you think the kids really listened to any part of this. My vote is for none.


6 seriously good comments:

Matt & Amy said...

The cake looks great! One of the resident's had her son's b-day at Pump It Up & my kids LOVED it! Max would love to have his b-day there...I will have to go pick some money off of our money tree in the backyard...ha ha! Hmmmm....maybe for Max's 16th b-day.

emily said...

Awesome cake, Kim! I don't have the artist talent for that...kudos to you! Looks like they had fun!

Melissa said...

Aww, Amy that's funny and sad at the same time. But you know, the cool thing is that Pump It Up might still be fun for Max's 16th birthday. =) Kim, LOVE the cake, it's great as always. I loved the picture of Landon on his throne. Looks like they had a good time.

Heidi and Rich said...

I've been to a place like that and no the kids are not listening. I think it is their way of telling the parents the rules...since we are to enforce them. You know like when you want to tell your husband that we aren't going to do something and rather than say it to him directly you say something like, "Hey kids, we are going to do such and such tonight." Not a good example but you know what I mean.

Heidi and Rich said...

Oh I totally forgot. The cake is awesome. When did you develop that talent? Remember when you didn't even like your handwriting. Now you can write like a pro with icing (a task I find almost impossible)!!

Always, Hannah said...

Tou did great with the cake. The place looks like lots of fun also. My kids would love to have a party there also bot they would have to sneek into Amy's yard and get money off her money tree because mine died:)