Sunday, September 9, 2007

Kids Photo Shoot

So awhile ago I decided to take some much need pictures of my children. Time to update the great-grandma photo wall. I refuse to take my kids to have their pictures done. They are horrible for me so I dare not embarrass my self by taking them somewhere. One of Jared's old college roommates Rob, his wife Brooke takes some amazing pictures of her kids. I just love them. I secretly stalk her blog so I can look at the adorable pictures. Anyway, these are a few of my faves. I love photography but do not claim to even begin to know what I am doing. I think if I take 50 or so pictures at least a few of them should turn out right?
























The boys were telling each other knock knock jokes to get each other to laugh. What I got from it was a picture of them smiling.

























So I think my photo shoot turned out pretty well. This picture of the kids together really didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but it does capture the moment. Landon giving his usual "i really don't want to do this scowl", Ethan looking at me and through his teeth saying "are we done yet?", and Mackenzie smiling really well for the treats grandma was holding for her behind me. FYI: the picture of the kids walking together at the top is actually one of them arguing about who would lead the way. The beauty of photos is that they don't have sound!

14 seriously good comments:

Jamie Smith said...

I agree about just doing your own photo shoots. I just don't know how you can expect to get amazing pictures by showing up at a place, waiting for an hour, now the babies hungry and cranky and then expecting them to be happy. Plus I hate the ugle backgrounds they have. Your pictures look awesome! I'm in the market for a new camera, so what kind do you use? And do you like it?

Heidi and Rich said...

You are great at the photo shoots!! I need to follow your example. I have had better luck at Target than I did at JC Penny's or Kiddie Kandids!!

laurie said...

i can't believe how big your kids are...they look so much older!

Matt & Amy said...

Mackenzie has a lot of hair...she is so sweet Kim! I miss you all so much. What a beautiful family.

The Blaisdell Family said...

You did a really good job Kim!! I love all the little stories behind the pictures. It makes it even better to look at them:) I wish I knew you did pictures when we lived closer, I would have had you help me! Good job.

David and Amanda said...

So super cute. I love them; I think you did a great job. All the grandparents should be happy!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

I would love photos that cute of my kids. You did a great job. I hear you about taking your kids to Photo shoots. It's a nightmare whenever I go.

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Nikki and I agree that you have the cutest kids of anyone we know! (Well, we like Lindsey's kids too!). Your pics are adorable. Thanks for posting. LIZ

Rachel M said...

great photos kim! you really got some cute ones.

emily said...

Hey Kim! Your pictures turned out great! I know how nightmarish it can be, so good job! Hey, I love template that you use on your blog! How did you get a cute one? And how do you play music? So cool! I love it!

Brooke said...

Your pictures turned out great! I am impressed, what camera are you using. Thanks for the compliments, that is nice! I am just barely scraping the surface on learning but I enjoy it! Keep it up!

Brooke said...

I don't know why it is coming up as b. It is Brooke.

Mandee said...

Your kids are so cute!

Mandee said...

I knew I recognized Brooke. She knows my friend Alison Anderson. I don't know how, but I see her comments on Ali's blog all of the time. So funny- small world!