Thursday, August 2, 2007

We're finished!!!!!


So we finished the series and although I loved the entire book, the ending, all of it I am very sad since I know we will not be reading anymore of them. We have been reading these books since they came out waiting and waiting for each one to be published. At least we have a few more movies to look forward to watching although none of them will ever be as good as the books. The other night at young women's we were talking to the girls and I asked if anyone else was reading it. To my complete and utter shock no one else had read any of the books or seen any of the movies. I am not sure why I thought everyone was as big a Harry Potter fan as we are but I just thought everyone read the books, I mean why wouldn't you. So for those of you who have not read the books read read read. For those of you who have read the books and finished the last one let me know what you thought. Personally I loved loved loved it. We can't wait to read them all to our kids. Jared has already started. Ethan loves the books but the movies (he has only seen the first one) make him a little bit nervous he says, and Landon likes the movies, I think he is still a little to young to really understand the book.
This book is partly why it has been so long since a post has been made. We were on vacation, Jared couldn't put the book down, I listened to most of the book on CD's but the drive wasn't long enough so I had to finish it by reading, blah blah blah, I am sure you get the picture.

6 seriously good comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

I've never read any of the books. Maybe I should!! THere are just so many books I want to read and so little time!! Congrats on finishing them!

Always, Hannah said...

I finished the book 10 days ago. I finally convinced Jayson to read 6 and 7. Book 6 took him about 4 or 5 days, but book 7 only 2. Now I can freely talk about it. I am sad the series is over but overall am pleased with the way things turned out. I am thinking of starting at the beginning again.

Kristina said...

Hey Y'all! I finished the book about 10 days ago. My roommate bought it for me and I didn't want to read it until my class was over but I couldn't resist. So, I told myself that if I read it I had to do it and quickly so that I could get back to my math class. Needless to say, I finished it in about 36 hours and I still managed to pull off an A in the class. I'm sad that the series is done. I'm about to start reading them over again I think. I just have to get my hands on copies that I don't have with me. Anyway, I enjoy your blog. Love to all y'all!

Jamie Smith said...

I just sent you an e-mail but you beat me to it! Thanks for inviting me to your blog! I can't believe how much your kids have grown up. Has it been that long since y'all left? I feel like I'm totally behind, I need to get on the ball and start reading Harry Potter!

Jamie Smith said...

Oops, I'm becoming such a blogging nerd, I'm writing the wrong comments on the wrong blog! Anyways, I hope you don't mind me stalking your blog! I just found it today and it's so fun to see all the kids especially Ethan. We miss having him in nursery. That seems like forever ago now. And Mackenzie is so big. How old is she now? Anways, feel free to check out our blog!

Melissa said...

Ok, so I'm a little slow, but I FINALLY finished yesterday night before going to bed. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the books. I'm so glad about the ending too. She tied up all the loose ends and of couse gave us a what's happening down the road so many years later. I'm sad the series is over too. Hopefully she will come out with something along the same line. She is a great writer. I'm trying to convince Justin to read them. =)