So pretty much we did what everyone does on the 4th. We barbecued, swam, and then watched the fireworks show over by my parents house. Except for the few mishaps of the day. My sister my dad and I took all the kids to see Ratatouille in the morning. The kids were horrible, tanner my sisters little boy drank so much that he leaked through his diaper and peed all over my sister while sitting on her lap, I spent most of the time carting my kids up and down for bathroom trips and because they were crying or starting to throw themselves on the floor, we also had my sister's in law with us so my kids decided to play musical chairs and laps between them and the rest of us, and finally all of my kids for some reason took off their shoes. I have no idea why but the last few bathroom trips were made without shoes so I had to carry them and then have them stand on my feet since we are not Britney Spears and I personally find public restrooms disgusting and I can't stand to have my kids touching anything. Then when the movie was finally over we lined the kids up along the wall, waited for everyone to leave, and then my sister and I went looking for the shoes underneath seats, which was again disgusting. After the movie we went home and thought we will put the kids down for a nap, some of them didn't sleep. All this time Jared and my sister's husband Marc were looking at cars for us, they came home with nothing just in time to go see the transformer movie. That left my sister, my mom who was sick, and I to cook dinner and take care of the kids. So we start the BBQ at around 5 and come to find out we have no propane. So we wait 15 min. for my dad to come home and send him to get some ( he was not happy about that). Then we decided to start our homemade ice cream, and find my sister had forgotten to bring her rock salt, and my mom had no vanilla in her house anywhere. My mom usually keeps very little food in her house but we figured she would at least have a staple like vanilla. So time for someone else to make another trip which ended up being Marc ( I don't think he was happy about having to go either). So after all of that we had a good dinner, good swimming and fun with the fireworks. Pretty much every holiday we have together with my family ends up something like this. I guess we will always have some good stories right? Here are some pictures of the day!
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 seriously good comments:
I love it, sounds like a good day to me.
Sounds like you had tons of fun. I have yet to take either of my boys to the movies and I don't regret it after hearing about your ordeal.
Kim! I love Mackenzie's pig tails. So precious. She's is so photogenic. I love seeing the kids' pics. You still look amazing. Looks like y'all had a fun time in the end. Love Melissa
Lots of memories made. Wish I could have been there too. I had such a fun visit with y'all and hope we can come again soon. I looked at the fabric briefly and will look some more this evening or tomorrow but I love the periwinlke as well
Love,
Donna
I love the pictures. Mackenzie is a doll and the boys are so big. Sounds like a great day with family. Good stories to tell. :)
Way cute kids. I love the pig tails. You have a very beautiful family. Tell your parents I said Hi. Bro Clement
I want that swimming pool!
Post a Comment