Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baptism

Last month Ethan was able to be baptized a member of the church. We were happy to have Jared's parents and his sister Kristina as well as her fiance Brendon come out to help us celebrate. My family was also able to attend and after the baptism we were all able to head out to Ethan's favorite restaurant BJ's to enjoy lunch. We are so proud of Ethan and his decision to get baptized. One of Ethan's new found loves since getting baptized is bearing his testimony. After he was baptized they asked him if he wanted to come up and bear his testimony which he did not hesitate to do. Then on Sunday which was fast Sunday he marched right up and bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting, and this last fast Sunday he was ready to head up there again. Obviously he did not inherit this no fear of public speaking gene from me. So we had a little talk about making sure to give others a chance to bear their testimony and he decided he would wait until next month.
Per usual Mackenzie can't stay out of a picture being taken and Landon refuses to be in it and I am pretty sure Ashton was trying climb to the highest point in our house when this picture was taken.



5 seriously good comments:

Hartmans said...

Love it. he looks so handsome in his suit. Way to go Ethan.

Kristin said...

I've been waiting for these pictures. Congrats Ethan...Tanner is dying for a suit, I told him maybe when he gets baptized. He'll love these pictures.

Rachel M said...

I can't believe he is 8! What a cute little man he is in his suit.

Simpson family said...

These pics bring back wonderful memories of that day. My favorite part of the whole experience was hearing Ethan bear his testimony. I'm sitting here crying just thinking about it. It was so pure and sincere. I hope he will always want to do that. Thanks for posting.

Matt & Amy said...

Congrats Ethan! Great pics. Hope you had a great holiday.