Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This is what I discovered about Landon this afternoon.
He loves pencils. Mostly he just likes to buy the pencils from school. Each pencil bought at school costs 25 cents. Not to bad unless you are Landon and feel the need to have 40 pencils from school. A little while ago I cut him off. No more quarters from me and no more pilfering though all of my stuff looking for more quarters.
So today he came home with his treasure. 15 pencils purchased from school. So we had the following conversation:
Me: Landon I told you no more quarters which means since you took them without asking you stole from me.
Landon: I didn't get the quarters from you.
Me: Don't lie to me Landon where else would you have gotten that many quarters from.
Landon: My friends
Me: Well you need to give your friends back their money from your own wallet
Landon: It was my payment, I earned it
Me: Payment for what?
Landon: Playing wall ball with them
Me: You mean you charge your friends to play wall ball with them?
Landon: Yes every time they ask me to play I tell them that if they pay me 25 cents I will play wall ball with them next recess.
Apparently he is running quite the business since he made almost $4 in a week. I apologize to any of you whose children have been swindled by my son. I am in the process of getting the names from him so he can return their money. On the bright side Landon may become a great salesman later in life.

9 seriously good comments:

Lindalu said...

Oh man that's hysterical! Very ingenious!

Rachel M said...

Cute picture of him! Did you take it? Such a funny little story.

Katie and Luke said...

This is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. I remember Simon telling me something similar about a boy last year...except he was selling pencils. I told him not to buy anymore pencils from this kid. Sounds like you have a business man in the family! :)

Kristin said...

That is awesome. I bet Jared secretly taught him. Great job on the picture by the way.

Hartmans said...

I am not believing that conversation...HILARIOUS. Landon is a total crack up. Sure wish I was closer so I could have an ear in on some of these conversations.

Simpson family said...

This reminds me of two of his relatives. Kristina had a whole shoe box of pencils she collected at school. I think she still has it. and then his bargaining skills sound a whole lot like one of his uncles. =) Love hearing these everyday stories about the kids.

laura said...

WHat is up with the money exchanging at school?? Do parents know about this? Davin came home with a five dollar bill on Monday that someone just "gave" to him "for no reason".

On second thought, we could put these two to work and have a whole Tai Pan tripped covered by early Feb.

Kristina said...

I do still have most of that collection. I have used some of them out of necessity. It was the thing to collect. And mom for the record it wasn't an expensive item to collect. But Kim, mom is right I did have over 200 pencils at one point. A bit ridiculous now that I think back on it. I would never admit to Landon, but that is pretty ingenious. He's quite the business man and apparently his services are in demand. Otherwise, I don't think he would be quite so successful. hehehe
Thanks for sharing!

AmyPoll said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard...I needed a good laugh!!! I had (and still have remnants of) a pencil collection as well...I have been using them since I was in junior high, giving them to my boys to use, and I still have a box full of them.