FROM THIS

TO THIS


This is what happens when your sister puts the ladder to the boys bunk bed back on and lets you climb to the top and when the doorbell rings gets down and leaves you up on the bed. We aren't sure if he fell from the actual bed which is about 5 1/2 feet up or if he fell from the ladder trying to get down from the bed. Either way it meant a good couple of hours in the ER, an appt with the neurosurgeon today, and one beat up and broken face on my poor baby. It took less than 30 seconds for his eye to swell shut. So far we have been told he has multiple orbital fractures including his ethmoid and frontal bone, air is leaking into parts of his eye from the sinus which could be concern for infection so he is on antibiotics for that, and they want a better look at the cribriform plate to make sure there is no leaking from a fracture to that which may require surgery to close. Jared had to break out the books from school to help me understand what in the world all of that means and I still don't understand most of it other than now I know where the bones are that they keep talking about. All I know is my cute little boy looks messed up and will for the next little while. On a good note, when they did the CT scan they didn't have to sedate him (thank heavens) after a minute or two he calmed down and was happy to listen to me sing "If your happy and you know it" even though the two of us were anything but happy. So we are crossing our fingers that we will dodge yet another bullet and he won't need surgery. We are very lucky this is all we are having to deal with since it could have been so much worse, but after doctors appointments today we will spend the evening taking bunk beds down. A big thank you to all of our friends and family that helped us out yesterday with all the other kids and for the yummy dinner!
13 seriously good comments:
Awe man that is rough! Hope it only gets better.
oh my gosh Kim- I am so sad for you and that little face. I had just decided to go the bunk bed route ... and this just changed my mind. Good luck with everything.
Thanks for the update. Wish we were closer to help. We will be praying for him.
OH my!! Poor kid!!
oh my goodness!! my fingers are crossed for you guys. hope he has a speedy recovery.
So sad Kim. I hope he heals up quick and doesn't need surgery. Poor little guy.
So glad he will be ok. You are such a good mom to sing to him, I would have felt like a fool. But than I don't have a beautiful voice like yours!
Oh, Kim! I'm so sorry...poor little guy! We have seriously been considering bunk beds - maybe we'll reconsider! :) Hope all goes well and good luck to all of you!
Kim if you need anything please call. I know I am on the other side of town but I will come get your kids or even bring you dinner. Let me know.
Oh my! I wanted to cry when I saw his cute little face smiling even with a huge puffy eye. I sure hope he does not need surgery and he will recover quickly! He is so cute and LOVE that round face. Charlie is a total lightweight compared to him.
Oh my gosh. I feel sick to my stomach right now...poor boy and poor mama. That's got to be the hardest thing to go though. praying for you all!!
Kim, give us an update on poor Ashton. Is he okay?
I hope he is doing all right...that poor little face just makes me hurt. We will keep him in our prayers.
Post a Comment