Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Last

Jared making Ashton's very last bottle and most likely the last one ever.
Ashton getting anxious
Contemplating this moment
Enjoying!
The poor kid got a double whammy this past week. We took his bottle away of which I do not feel sad about. I only feel sad because it means that he really is no longer my baby baby. Also he has a nasty habit of throwing his binky's in the trash, drawers, behind beds, and anywhere he can find a spot in the pantry. One night we were unable to find a binky anywhere when he went to bed. I have never looked so hard for something in my life. I wasn't ready for him to be done. He is a very loud kid and those binky's really do come in handy. Alas, I lost the battle and he has been without them for a few days now. He did end up finding his binky in the pantry somewhere and he seemed pretty pleased with himself. I probably would have just let him have it but Jared said we went this long with out one we should just be done with them. So the bottle and the binky are gone. I am sad and all of a sudden I am a little baby hungry.

6 seriously good comments:

David and Amanda said...

Okay, so my kids are 15 months and still taking bottles--how did you do it? We tried taking them away, but maybe we just didn't have the patience, they aren't in love with sippy cups. Does he still get milk if not formula?!

Simpson family said...

this too shall pass. congrats to Ashton and Happy Birthday. He is getting sooooo big and is sooooo cute.
Love,
Grandma Simpson

Race Fam said...

So when are you planning to have another one?? He is such a cute baby, I can't believe how fast he is growing up!

Hartmans said...

i am envious on the no binky thing. Taft only gets his when he is in his crib at this point. He doesn't seem to care about it otherwise anyway, but I am sure wishing he would just go to sleep without it. Happy Birthday Squishy! Wish we could share some cake with you!

Matt & Amy said...

WHAT? I am a little taken aback at the last sentence. I feel nice and satisfied...translation=a little overwhelmed. However, Ashton is too cute, so I can understand why. He totally fell off the Ethan truck, but with darker hair. I LOVE the 3rd picture of him just looking at the bottle. He looks so squishy.

Melissa said...

Awesome! I hope that when the time comes I can wean Grant from both as well. We're trying the sippy cup thing, but he still prefers a bottle. I'm also jealous you're done with formula! That stuff is so expensive. AND, very shocked by your last statement. Of course if you had another one they would be darling (and total bonus if it was a girl), but on the other hand there will be plenty of babies left to be born in the Simpson family.