Friday, May 15, 2009

Cutting Back

If you added some dog food to this fridge it could very well be my mom's. Every year when my dad leaves for 2 months to go to the desert (palm springs) for the beginning of the grape season (he comes home on the weekends), my mom tries to save some money. Not by cutting out things people normally do like not eating out as much, saving on gas, or not shopping for clothes as much, but by not buying food. You can count on her having some dog food, cereal, sweet pickles, cheese, and bread. After that it is a toss up as to what you will find. It is a family joke and my kids have even caught on. Now they are teaching their friends how Grandma operates. This conversation happened the other day when Ethan and his friend Davin were swimming at my mom's and I thought it was worth recording.


Davin: Hey Ethan let's have a snack.
Ethan: What kind of snack?
Davin: Just some food.
Ethan: Well my grandma's house isn't the best place for a snack because she never has any food in the fridge.

And the family joke continues...........

3 seriously good comments:

Kristina said...

That's hilarious!

Melissa said...

Nice! Loving the new background. I've never seen such a bare fridge.

Anonymous said...

Hey I think that fridge looks pretty nice.I get it, I did go buy some popsicles, chips, candy and cookies. By the way it was very painful to part with my mad money!!! MOM (Bonnie)