This year just flew by. I really can't believe that he is one. Ashton has been such an easy baby and so much fun. He is extremely animated with all of his jabbering which makes listening to him so funny. He is on the go all the time and just like all my other kids has decided now that he is mobile he does not want to really be held at all. So he is no longer a snugly squishy little boy. He is standing by himself but is still pretty lazy when it comes to actually wanting to walk. He is into everything, emptying any cupboard or drawer that he can open. He thinks he is pretty funny most of the time since he brothers and sisters always laugh at everything he does. We all love him so much!
I decided to make a caterpillar for his cake this year and thought the one from the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" would be cute. I made the cakes the morning of. Big mistake. I usually make them a day or two before and freeze them, but I ran out of time. Then I ran out of frosting. I thought I colored enough red but I didn't and I didn't want to make another entire batch just for a little bit of red so I thought if I just took a picture from above then you would be able to notice. Although I am pretty sure you can see how jacked up it is. Oh well, I wasn't making for anyone who was paying me so I just left it. I wasn't too happy with the way it turned out but the kids all thought it was cool enough so I guess I should be okay with it.
Ashton actually got the idea of opening the presents but then just wanted to play with the paper once he ripped it off. He got one of those ball popper toys that shoots the ball up with a little air and then it rolls back down a track again. He thinks it is great but I think my older kids just might like it more than he does.



7 seriously good comments:
Holy cow! I can't believe it's already been a year. You did an AMAZING job on the cake. It looks very yummy and I would have enjoyed a big slice. Ashton is so cute and I love him. Can't wait to see you in a month or so.
Those three little boys are going to be such great friends! I love the picture of them playing with the toy.
If I were lugging around all that chub I wouldn't want to get up and walk either! Oh. wait. My exhaustion is suddenly explained.
He's adorable and the cake looks fantastic. Go easy on yourself for the minor frosting shortage. You saw Ava's cake this year, right? Trust me, you did great!
Happy birthday, Ashton!
that is a beautiful cake and looks like he had a good party. sorry we missed it.
Oh my goodness. That cake is too much! Kim...you are so talented. You are hired for my next kids' birthday party :)
And I love the picture of the three kids in diapers. That is adorable. Ashton and his homies.
You're cake looks great and I'm really impressed with how well you did with matching the coloring, especially the green on the body!
Your cake looks fantastic!!! Ashton is such a cute little guy!
Post a Comment