Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I tried it and now I like it (I am listening to Yo Gabba Gabba as I type)

A little while ago costco had really good coupon for photoshop elements. Although I have gone back and forth over whether or not to buy this for a long time the coupon was so good I just couldn't pass it up and since everyone raves about all the wondrous things it can do for your photos I bought it. We got our new camera (cannon rebel xsi package from costco) and I was in heaven. I had a great camera and the end all of photo editing for amateurs at least. I installed it and you know what? I hated it. It is not user friendly, and although all the reviews on the internet said it is just one of those programs you have to just mess around with to figure out all the tips and tricks which could be kind of fun, I do not have time for that. I needed to know how to use this program. So after it sat installed on my computer for a few months I decided to give it another try and wallah!!! I finally figured out how to do some basic things like get rid of unwanted things, adjust my lighting and colors, make some vintage looking photos, and enhance my kids eyes since they have such beautiful baby blues. Now I am pretty sure this will suck up a ton of my extra time since I have discovered that if I google what it is I want to do to my photo I can find a step by step tutorial on how to do it. Don't ask why it took so long for me to think of doing that. So here are some pictures from Easter this past weekend. I realize I have none of kids actually hunting for eggs, but since they were all running in different directions I'll take these instead. There are more of Ashton not because he is the favorite (I am listening to Mackenzie scream and Landon kick things because he is mad so by the end of today he just might be the favorite) but because he was the only one who would sit still and not shove handfuls of candy in his mouth.

Mackenzie and Chloe
Fatty Ashton
Ashton
Ethan
Ashton
Landon
I am going to get this one framed. This picture shows what Landon lives for...Frosting. According to him, if it doesn't have frosting on it, it is not dessert.

13 seriously good comments:

Simpson family said...

You are so good at figuring stuff out. The pictures are great and now even greater edited. You do a good job. Loved the post I hadn't seen them in a while. Keep on posting

Melissa said...

Love them!! Congrats on figuring it out. Can't wait to see you in July.

Lindalu said...

Sounds like he takes after his mom! :)

Carianne said...

Great pictures! Ashton is getting so big. Why do they have to grow up? :o( I bought photoshop, but when I brought it home I realized it was not MAC compatible. I was so sad when I returned it. I need to find one that is and get to work on my pictures.

Hey, I need Lindsay's phone #. I am her visiting teacher and the # I have is not right. Can ya help me out?

Hartmans said...

these pictures are as gorgeous as the kiddos themselves. Thanks so much for Taft's birthday present. We got it in the mail yesterday and he is going to have a great time with all of it. We appreciate you thinking of him at his birthday time.

BETH said...

I am a photoshop junkie. Your pictures are great.

Jaime said...

Don't you just love photoshop.I got it on my computer and before my camera was broken I would spend many hours playing with all my pics. You pictures are great. You have a great eye for things!

Race Fam said...

Very cute pictures it also helps having really cute kids to take pictures of! I am jealous, I want your camera! I keep hinting to Brad that I want one, he just ignores me!!

Carrie said...

I'm glad you're getting it figured out. Those pictures are great!

Kristina said...

Great pictures Kim! I enjoyed the email with all of them. I will be getting a good chunk of them printed to update my walls in my room. It looks like everyone had fun.

Austin said...

You just may have ispired me to give it a whirl. I've had it for awhile now, but felt the same way! And as for Landon and the frosting...hmmm...I wonder where he gets that from?:) I remember when I worked in the Albertson's bakery, you would drool over the huge bucket of shortening...oh, I mean frosting!:) Ah, good times! Very cute pictures by they way!

laura said...

Can you please set up a seminar where you teach all of us?? Those pictures look incredible. I have Photoshop- now I just need the camera.

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

I have Photoshop CS on my Mac and I have yet to figure it out. I am usually average at figuring out a new program, but seriously, I need a class or something. It's depressing. Your pics looks great. I'm a wanna be photographer, but will never have that talent.