Monday, December 3, 2007

Sacrament

So I am sure most of our Sacraments all go the same way. Multiple trips to the hall, dragging kids out by their arms, lots of bribing, and many many explanations (at least to Landon) as to why we are still at church and when we will be leaving. This is the explanation I got from Ethan yesterday:

Me: Ethan only take one piece of bread when they pass the tray
Ethan: But I am hungry
Me: Ethan two pieces of bread will not make you full and you need to leave some for everyone else
Ethan: If I take two pieces of bread I will think about Jesus twice

I am not sure how to argue that explanation I was pretty impressed he came up with that. Now I must think of a really really good argument for why we only take one piece of bread during the Sacrament. I am guessing I should just be happy that he knows what he should be doing when he takes the Sacrament.

6 seriously good comments:

Krista said...

That is hilarious! Ethan is too smart!

Melissa said...

Cute story. That'll be a good one when he gets older.

Abby said...

Kim, your kids are hilarious!
Hey small world...Jared is my SIL's boss, she just got a job working for him as a hygenist! Crazy!

Heidi and Rich said...

That sounds like a Dustin line - if I've ever heard one. Kids...aah. Rich is now in the Bishopric - so I get to brave Sacrament meeting alone. It is making me think twice about ever having a third child. Maybe we'll try in a couple of years!!

Jamie Smith said...

That's so cute! Kids are so clever! Especially Ethan! We still talk about how he would pee his pants in nursery and then tell us to go get his mom. And if the first time didn't work, he would do it again, then again.

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

We have problems with the kids picking one piece up, then taking another one. Then I usually have to take the other piece they touched. I hate it. I also remember at BYU our EQ pres worked at Great Harvest, so we always had that kind of sacrament bread. It was the best!