Monday, December 17, 2007

We are having a......

So we think we are having a boy. I had an ultrasound on Thurs. I was about 16 weeks so still kind of early. This baby would not cooperate at all. First the tech thought that it was the umbilical cord. Then the baby would not move its hand. So after 20 mins the tech said she was about 70% sure that it was a boy but told me not to go out and buy anything. I left kind of frustrated. I wait for the day to find out what I am having with as much excitement as I do my due date. I am not patient when it comes to finding out whether or not we are adding a boy or girl to our family. On all three of my other Ultrasounds I could tell before the tech even told me what we were having but this one had me totally stumped. I got out my other kids US pics and it looks nothing like my boys or mackenzie's. The only thing that makes me a little iffy on it is that what she is pointing to as "boy tools" is so high up and away from the baby's bum. Who knows as of right now I am just saying we are having a boy. I have another ultrasound on the 10th of Jan and they said they would be able to tell for sure then. We'll see. If any of you residents that we know can tell me for sure I would really appreciate it since this is the best picture, I am sure you are not at all busy, and since none of you except one is an Ob/Gyn resident. I am pretty sure that most of the moms would probably be able to tell me best. Actually Kristin and Lisa since you guys are the expert in boys I think you need to weigh in on this one.



10 seriously good comments:

Rich said...

Although I've had two boys I can't say for sure if it is a boy. My kids cooperated so there was no guessing. In fact we couldn't have been suprised if we wanted to be. That is exciting though. Have you thought of names? Your kids have the cutest names - have I ever told you that?

Mike and Kelly said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize that you were pregnant. Congratulations!

Kristin said...

With Caleb he had his cord between his legs and I never saw anything. They kept telling me he was a boy, but I made them check again at 8 months to make sure. Honestly I could go either way with your shot, wait until Jan.

Kristin said...

I just asked Matt's opion, he said, "I wouldn't be to proud of that if it was a boy, I don't know if I would post that or not."

Kim Simpson said...

That is what I told jared but he seems to think that we might actually have a modest kid on our hands unlike our children that love to strip. For the baby's sake I hope it is a girl.

Jamie Smith said...

Congratulations Kim! I think boys are great! You will have to let us know if it stays a boy!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Too bad you're not here. We could go right in for an ultrasound. One of the few perks of radiology. That and free x-rays. It looks like there is something though.

Jaime said...

OK Kim I wouldn't say for sure either. That looks pretty iffy. I will look forward to hearing after the 10th of January if it is for sure.

David and Amanda said...

A boy.... so exciting! My sis mentioned that she ran into your sis and she's having two boys too, that's awesome, they will all be so close! I haven't been Blog surfing lately; sorry it took me so long to respond!!

David and Amanda said...

A boy.... so exciting! My sis mentioned that she ran into your sis and she's having two boys too, that's awesome, they will all be so close! I haven't been Blog surfing lately; sorry it took me so long to respond!!