Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What the???

That is how my life feels these days. Honestly I am not sure if I could pack more things into my day. Having said that I did have a fabulous weekend with great friends one of whom flew in from Denver and so 4 of us girls chatted, shopped, and ate the weekend away forgetting that we had 4 bazillion loads of laundry, dinners to cook, kids to tend to, husbands turned babysitters, oh and that little thing called sleep, all waiting for us to return. It was so great to see you Kristin, Denver is calling our names next year.So now I have come back to reality and what a reality it is. This week has been non stop some of which was my own choosing. Like the cooking show I went to where I thought I would learn great and wondrous things along with receiving some samples of great food. Alas, it was not to be. I did get some good tips but they ran out of the bags with the cookbooks and have promised to mail me some (we'll see) and then not one morsel of food. I along with friends were starving so obviously that warranted a late visit to BJ's.


Thankfully this week is coming to an end. All we need to do is visit teach, give piano lessons, attend Ethan's first Pack meeting, go to craft night, have the boys birthday party, keep Ashton off of every counter and table in my house, also keep him from throwing anything he can get his hands on in the trash, and last but not least clean the dirty dwelling we are residing in so it can be called home again.


The craziness that is also known as the holidays is upon me. Pray for us as we attempt to take pictures of our kids and if we are really lucky a family picture as well. I really need to stick to what I say at the end of every year, "Next year I am going to keep it simple and not stress myself out". I think I need a support group for this. Anyone else need to join?

3 seriously good comments:

Lindalu said...

We tried, and I do stress tried to take pictures. It was such a disaster that Scott said that where the picture of us is supposed to be we should just write, "Due to non-cooperation, imagine us here!"
Good Luck!

Kristin said...

I'm just warning you I'm going to steal that picture. I've been wanting to do a post but it kinda needs a picture. I can not believe I did not pull my camera out one time over the weekend. I guess that shows how busy it was.

Katrena said...

Well, thanks for adding dropping Enzo's giraffe off to your list. I thought you could understand the need, after seeing his passion for those creature in nursery. He was so happy to see it, as well as Belen, since she was worried for him and it as well. We're glad they didn't have to wait two weeks to be reunited. A HUGE THANKS! Really.