Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dance Recital

(dress rehersal)

Way back in June (wow I am really gonna have to play catch up here) Mackenzie and my niece Chloe had their first dance recital. They were very excited to wear their costumes and us moms were excited to see whether they would just get up on stage and stand there or if they would really dance. Well we lucked out and they both did great on their dancing. I was a little irritated that we had to pay $16 a ticket for us to go see the show (I thought it would be more like $5-10) but there were some kids in the show (the little ones) who made it worth every cent. They were hysterical. Some paid no attention to the fact that they were supposed to dance the routine they learned they just did whatever dance they wanted. One little girl danced to her shadow on the back wall, and one little boy had moves all his own. The girls loved it and so did we.


(night of the show)






Of course after the show we had to get ice cream at Rosemary's (along with the rest of Bakersfield that had come from the same dance show)

3 seriously good comments:

Hartmans said...

they are so cute. wish we lived closer so we could see them dance.

Jaime said...

They look so dang cute in their little costumes.

Zan said...

This is hilarious. I feel like I'm looking at Lindsay and Kim as little kids. I can't believe how much your girls resemble you both. That's so neat that they can grow up together. Both so cute!