Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The 4th

Ward Breakfast at the park (I honestly did not see my other two kids until we left the park so no pictures of them)

Ashton thoroughly enjoyed the watermelon including the rhine.


Swimming with friends


We had 12 adults and 17 kids swimming. Laura's mom is a saint. She was so calm and laid back during all of this.



Then we made homemade ice cream. Laura and Brian got this portable ice cream maker as a gift. The ice cream goes in the middle and then you fill the plastic ball up with the ice and start rolling it. The kids rolled it for a little while then got tired of having to work for their treat so the adults started rolling. That ball was not light so they just threw it any way they could. Sorry Laura this picture had to be posted.


Then we went to my parents house to watch the big fireworks show the country club always does. We got there at 9 and waited until about 9:45 before we decided that maybe the stinkin economy was going to deny us our free fireworks show. So we packed up and headed home and as we turned the corner out of my parents neighborhood we saw them start. It was 10 pm. My kids were done. Although we have some very smart friends the Shaffers (a very big thank you) who actually brought fireworks to my parents and were nice enough to share with all the kids while we waited. Next year we will know not to start waiting for big fireworks until about 9:45 and to buy some ourselves.

We had a great 4th spent with great friends, great food and great fun....all in the greatest country of all! A big thank you to all of those that make it possible!

3 seriously good comments:

Kristin said...

I can't believe how big Ashton is looking. He has changed so much. I'm glad to hear the fireworks went on, maybe they were trying to get back at all the freeloaders at the church.

laura said...

I don't know why you're apologizing to me. I don't know who that person is.
It was a great 4th, wasn't it.

Rebecca said...

Fun! I heart summer!