We had our first swim meet of the year, or ever for that matter. I enrolled the boys in swim team this year because they seem to love swimming so much why not see if they enjoy it as a sport. We have been practicing for about 3 weeks now and I have noticed a big difference in the boys swimming actual strokes. So today was their first meet. Landon complained the whole time about how he didn't want to swim and the races were dumb and blah blah blah. Typical Landon. I have no sympathy for him because 1) he has never tried it and 2) he just didn't have a good reason not to want to do it. During his his relay race he decided he just wasn't going to go in. Well since other teammates finish times were on the line Jared just gave him a push in thinking once he is in the water he will start swimming. Well he did but back to the starting point. So they had another kids start swimming. Then Jared promised a ring pop to him. So when his turn came up again he swam. Not only did he swim but he passed two other kids in the process. He is pretty fast if he would just stop whining about it. Unfortunately we don't have video of the relay race. The following video is of his last race of the day, the freestyle. He was crying right before he went in the water. I know we are mean parents but I justify by saying we are preparing them for the real world when they will have to do lots of things they won't really want to do. Sounds good right?
Ethan on the other hand ate up every second of it. He is a really great swimmer. Although he slows himself down a little since he just can't wait until the race is over to see how he did. He takes lots of looks back to see how he is doing. He did great in the video below finishing 2nd in his heat.
A few pictures of the day. It is a long day sitting out there from 7:30 am until about 2:30 but we brought some games, there was a playground, and the kids liked watching teammates race. I also told Jared it was kind of nice that we weren't just sitting at home playing video games or watching TV. Every time I tried to take a picture of Landon he thought he would let me know just how he felt. Ethan was all smiles though, and Mackenzie just had to throw a nice pose in there.




7 seriously good comments:
They look so grown up. They did awesome. Landon seriously crack me up. Ethan looked so advanced. Landon looks like a midget in the picture with Mackenzie. =) Beautiful kids.
this is so great. I think they will really enjoy it even more as they get better and better. Wish we were there to cheer them on. Go Landon and Ethan!
I can't wait until the meet on Tuesday. I am sure we are going to have to throw Tubbs in the pool with Landon! Bribery might be our only option. To keep the boys from looking back as they swim I might have to dangle a cookie in front of them at the other side of the pool.
I loved the videos---especially watching Landon jump in the pool from the starting block. They look like such big boys!
My boys loved watching those videos. I'm impressed with their stroke. I told them to watch closely at Ethan and Landon were swimming. Great Job.
That was great! Ethan looks like speedy man. I will have to show Max. We will not be up in Utah those times...we are heading up for the month of July. If you make it up then let me know!
What awesome swimmers. They would probably beat me. :)
So you probably notice that I frequent your blog - I hope you know I love to listen to the music you have chosen. I like to make dinner to it!!
Post a Comment