Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pick your battles

This is what happens when I choose to fight the battle. I get my little girl with some cute piggies complete with bows looking like someone took the time (or at least won the fight about taking the time).
When I choose not to fight I get this. One rough looking girl with a cheap headband worn in a way it was never intended for looking like she rolled straight out of the "09" zip code of town. (those from Bakersfield know what I am talking about)
So much to Jared's dismay, this is one battle I will fight. I may roll out of my house in the clothes that I slept in, with my greasy hair under a hat, and not a stitch of make-up on but my only girl will not.


5 seriously good comments:

Katie and Luke said...

I was laughing at your zip code comment! So funny.
But I had to give a "holla" on the "only girl" comment. Yes--I may buzz my boys' heads but my only girl is going to look pristine when she walks out of the house! (At least thats the plan) :)

David and Amanda said...

Too funny!!! Wow...what a difference a hair-do can make!

Hartmans said...

This is great. I think she is cute either way, but if you could see me right now then you would think that the 09 zip code makes 77662 look like Beverly Hills.

Melissa said...

She looks down right pissed in that last picture. That would make the cover of trailer park digest. Oh my! I'm with you on fighting this battle. She's a beautiful girl.

Kristin said...

My favorite is listening to Jared's side of the argument and how crazy it is for her hair to be so perfect. Good thing he shaves his. Men.