Landon and his pillow
ER.
I have watched the show from the beginning and now it is getting ready to end. I will be sad. I know it is pathetic that a show will get me all choked up but it will. So how fitting that during the final season I wind up seeing one of my favorite "Doctors" at Disneyland a few weeks ago.
While I was walking back from a kids bathroom break, Jared says to me "Isn't that Mekhi Pfeiffer?" I look and say yes it's Dr. Pratt and then I start fumbling for my camera. I am too much a of chicken to ask to have a picture taken with him, so I just started taking pictures. He didn't even seem to notice that some crazy lady surrounded by a bunch of kids was taking his picture. Jared said later he would have asked for me if I would have asked him too. Oh well, I got my picture and I was happy. Jared on the other hand was embarrassed, not because I was snapping pictures but because he actually recognized him and knew what show he was on and who is character was. Laura, we can be sad together since I think we are the only ones left watching.
Diet Coke w/ Lime
I have found as of late that I consume far too much soda. Even though it is diet, the amount is alarming to me. I can not completely give up my diet coke. There is nothing better than sitting down at one of my favorite restaurants with my husband or on a girls night to enjoy good food and a diet coke from the fountain. True soda lovers know the fountain always taste better. I am however not going to be filling the shelves in my garage with 12 packs anymore. Hopefully the withdrawals won't be too bad. I have been trying to cut back so I wouldn't go into shock when I reached my last one which was today. I am now going to need to find something else to get me through the roughest parts of my day (maybe the reason I drink so much diet is because most days the entire day is rough). So I am wishing myself good luck, and those who know how much I really do love my diet coke, you can close your mouths now. My Fatty
I am shocked at how fast time has passed since Ashton was born. He is 9 months old now I am getting sad that he is getting so big (not that he was ever really small, but you know what I mean) This is my last baby and now he is almost not a baby anymore. I need just a little more time to squish him while he will still let me and while he has plenty of chunkiness for me to do so.

I YAshton



7 seriously good comments:
We're working on getting Belen to stop sucking her thumb. We told her she could have a party with a purple cake (her request, not sure why...), ice cream, soda, balloons and friends when she stops sucking her thumb. What's one day of sugar overload verses many more of thumb sucking, right? Her thumb sucking has decreased but she still does it when she's very tired or watching TV. Good luck with Landon! And Ashton is too cute!
I love those pictures of Ashton. I wouldn't want those fat rolls to go away either. Call me if you need to go to the park to help distract you from Diet Coke.
No Way...I would have totally asked to get a picture with Mekhi Pfeiffer...no shame in my game! Yum! I should have joined you at Disneyland just for that! I have a diet soda addiction as well, but I found a gas station just down the street from the gym I go to and it has caffeine free diet soda, so every day after the gym I go and get a 44 oz and feel just GREAT about it!
That is how I rationalized my addiction. I may not have teeth in 10 years, but I will be happy. Ashton looks just like Ethan...too cute.
I love that last pic of Ashton...definitely one to put in the yearbook one day when he graduates. ---or wait, on second thought, maybe you want the one with the rolls of chub!
And yes---I am afraid you and Laura are the last of the mohicans when it comes to watching ER. I gave it up a few years ago. Occasionally if I am awake at 10pm I will watch it--but it makes me cry too easily. That show doesn't care who dies---it freaks me out.
What a great post.
First, congrats to Landon. I can't even imagine taking away Kea's blanket in the night. Her reaction in the morning terrifies me. Just imagine- if we could get all of our finger suckers to stop sucking, we could almost eliminate the Oaks ward spreading of disease.
The picture of Dr. Pratt just made my heart beat fast. I think I would have gone up to him and tearfully asked why he had to leave us so soon. Oh, and Brian is right along with me and you as a fan. I would suggest a season finale party if I thougth we could all hold it together emotionally.
And Ashton remains one of my favorite people on earth. He is so cute and so happy and his eyes are so blue. It does seem like time is flying with him.
I can't believe that you are going to give up Diet soda in your home. I think I always have a 24 pack in my frig and still drive daily over to Sonic. It is a sickness I know but the sweet taste gives me such joy.
I love the story of Landon and the tooth fairy. I wish I would have thought of that when we were fighting the pacifier.
Kim way to go on giving up the diet coke! Ashton is so sweet. I love that smile. I'm sad about ER too. I just started watching last year but I love it and I'm sad that it's ending too.
Post a Comment