Saturday, February 9, 2008

So for my birthday I got.......

A TICKET! Well actually he let me off with a warning since when he was almost done writing the ticket he figured out that the 7th was the day's date and my birthday. Thank heaven's for that because that would have been one fat ticket. I was going 52 which was actually below the speed limit but since the high school I was driving in front of was supposed to get out in five minutes they were giving anyone going over the school zone limit of 25 a ticket. Jared still can't believe he let me off with a warning going 52 in a 25. The cop said he felt bad since I was turning 30 and becoming middle aged he didn't want to make my day worse. I was slightly offended by that comment since I wouldn't really consider 30 old but I figure he can say whatever he wants as long as he writes the word warning across that ticket.

11 seriously good comments:

emily said...

Happy Birthday, Kim! I'm sorry you got pulled over...but glad you didn't get nailed for it! I wish cops around here were that generous! That would've been a pretty hefty one, too! If I remember correctly, this wouldn't be your first time getting pulled over in a school zone. I remember being in the black car you had in college and we were driving with your mom up by your grandma's house and you got pulled over. I'm pretty sure that time he didn't let you off, but I think it was when "school zones" were pretty new and you nor I knew anything about them. Now we know! So, now you have to tell us about the fun things you did for your birthday! Hope it was a good one!

Lindalu said...

That was a pretty great birthday present! Happy birthday--I do hope you did something fun!

Kristin said...

Man I wish we had cops like that around these parts. I just had to pay a good Christmas gift to our police department.

Heidi and Rich said...

Happy belated Birthday Kimmie. Can you believe we are all turning 30? I too would have been mad at the cop for calling 30 "middle age." Please - maybe when we turn 45 or something we can consider that middle age but common on. We are still having babies, loving life, and thinking we are still 25!! I am glad he let you off without a ticket.

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

That is a great story. I think you are young. I turned 30 three years ago. It doesn't sound like you are taking it too hard.

Jaime said...

I can't believe how lucky you are! That would have been so cruel if he gave you a ticket. By the way 30 is not old! If you are old at 30 I am really old!

Matt & Amy said...

Kim,
I can't believe I missed your b-day! I am sorry. I hope 30 is the best year yet! That is a great gift. Knowing me, I would have shared it with him that it was my b-day instead of letting him figure it out.

Krista said...

That's an awesome gift! You should spend the money you would have paid on the ticket to buy yourself a gift. It's only fair since you got out of it! Here it is $350 for speeding in a school zone!

Happy Birthday!!

Rachel M said...

Happy Birthday!!!

David and Amanda said...

Kim, Happy Birthday! I swear I thought of you on that day...same day as my parent's temple anniversary, I think of you every year! Don't feel bad about 30, you don't look a day over 25 and I'm only a few month's behind you. Maybe for 40 we should all take a trip...all these babies will be old enough to stay behind with all the daddies. Love ya!

Jamie Smith said...

The cops must really be hurting for money, because Paul has gotten 2 in the last couple months. We didn't even defensive driving for the first one yet.

I hope Ethan gets feeling better. I hope your next trip is a lot better to!