Sunday, February 17, 2008

Disneyland 2008


So last week we headed down to Disneyland for two fun filled days before our season passes are up. We made reservations at one of the disney hotels called paradise pier which was really close to the park and was a nice place to stay. Before we went down Ethan didn't seem to be himself, you know bouncing off the walls can't sit still and all the usual boy stuff but, by that night he seemed to be better so Tues. morning we got up early and went down for our stay. We didn't really wait longer than 10 min. in line for anything and it was 80+ degrees and sunny so it was a perfect day. By lunch Ethan was not feeling good again. He was saying his eyes were burning (my first thought was pink eye) but after closing his eyes and laying in the stroller he seemed okay. Then he just went downhill from there. He didn't want to ride anything all he wanted to do was go back to the hotel. So me being the horrible parent put him in the stroller and tried to make him stick it out a few more hours until the park closed at 8. We watched the parade and ethan was done. We went back to the hotel all of us exhausted and said we would see how he felt in the morning. By morning he was worse and so instead of staying we packed up and went home to take him to the doctor. We sat in lovely LA traffic for what seemed like forever and finally made it to Valencia around lunch time. Everyone but Ethan was hungry but he did want something to drink so we decided to go into Chili's and eat. Once we ordered Ethan said he was feeling hungry and wanted to eat something. We get our food and about 2 min. later Ethan starts throwing up in the restaruant. All I can think of is the people around me trying to eat and Jared and I are scrambling to get all of us out of there. We make it home about and hour later and take ethan to the doctor. They do the flu test and of course he has influenza A and might have given a few people at Disneyland one extra souveniour they weren't looking for. For some reason Ethan was the only one in our family not to get a flu shot and I still have no idea why he didnt' get one. Needless to say we are hoping our next trip to the happiest place on earth involves mom not pregnant, ethan not sick, and alot more fun.

7 seriously good comments:

Justin said...

Sounds like a typical Simpson vacation. =) The pics were great. I always love seeing the kids. I'm logged in as Justin, but it's really Melissa. He says hi too.

Heidi and Rich said...

That totally stinks. Life is full of surprises when kids are a part of them mix. I hope you get to go back at a later date. Did the other kids not catch it? I hope all is well and happy in the Simpson home.

Matt & Amy said...

That totally stinks that Ethan got sick. I wish we could have made the trip with you all this time, but I guess it is better off that we did not. I think Landon and Alex should get married down the road...those eyes!

emily said...

Well, that's no good! Hopefully you'll be able to get another visit in before you passes expire! Oh, what my kids would give to have season passes. I told them that we could go again when Jack turns three...they've already begun the countdown. It's gonna be a long two years! Well, I hope Ethan's feeling better now and that no one else in your family gets it!

Jaime said...

That is such a bummer. I Hope things get better!

Staci said...

Hey Kim. I changed my blog address and wanted to give you my new one, it's www.justanotherdayfam.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

I think it is Chilis! Last time we were there Jaron also decorated the floor--oh so gross! I felt so bad for the other people there! Better luck next time!