Sunday, May 9, 2010

WOW. Those words sum up our life right now. These two pictures (even though the one on the top is blurry, it was taken with a phone) show what has consumed our every waking and sometimes our sleeping moments. Jared has opened his own practice. Whew, just saying it makes me tired and stressed out. We are up and running after a whirlwind two months of craziness. I was so so so so excited for Jared to finally be headed in the direction of our long term goal to be practice owners, I wasn't prepared for what came with it. Jared is now working 6 days a week, 2 at his own and his usual 4 at the health center since he is still under contract with them. I am still at home with the kids spending large amounts of time dealing with office stuff both at the office and from home while we get all our insurances and billing stuff entered and figured out. Most days I feel like I have bitten off way more than I can chew but I just keep telling myself, "Self this is what you wanted and now you got it, deal with it. It will all be better in the long run"

One really good side of dealing with Jared's new office is that I got to design the logo and business card in my favorite of fave programs photoshop elements. So far we have gotten really good feedback on it and that has made me pretty happy. Also since I was forced to spend hours messing around with photoshop creating a logo and business card I played around with some of my "hundreds of pictures I intend to edit, print, and frame" and am loving the results. I have found a new site called http://www.coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com/ . She makes free photoshop elements actions that take all the steps you use to edit photos and puts them into one click of the mouse. I'm in love and slightly obsessed with all of them. The flower is a picture I took in Hawaii last September and the bottom photo is one I took at Jared's sister Kristina's wedding. Here are the before and after. If you have photoshop elements or photoshop go to this site, it's fabulous and it's free!

Before

After
Before
After

6 seriously good comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

So exciting yet exhausting at the same time. Congrats to both of you. Also the photo befores and afters looks amazing. I wish I even knew how to take a decent photo!!! I hope you survive this crazy time!!

Carrie said...

Hurray! The blog is no longer abandoned!

It's seriously cool what can be done with photoshop. Maybe someday....

Lindalu said...

So awesome Kim! Congrats. If you ever get a moment, you will have to give me a call so we can chat. Good luck with all the craziness. Love ya!

Hartmans said...

Love the photos and love you guys! We are thinking about you guys often, and wishing you the best. Let me know if Jared is in need of a pep talk or anything like that. Hang in there...the craziness will feel normal soon!:)

Kristin said...

Congrats on the business! I hope it continues to do well and that it doesn't cause you to lose complete control of your sanity. i say a trip to Denver needs to take place after you get things settled. We love visitors.

Krista said...

Wow! Congrats on the new business!! How exciting! Good luck with everything!!


We've experienced some of the fun of new businesses over the last year or so. Craziness. Pure craziness. I hope no one even says the words business taxes to me for awhile. :)

And those pictures are amazing!!!