Of the hospital apparently. On Thurs. I woke up felt fine for the most part but about mid morning I started to feel kind of blah. Not really sick but just crampy and crummy. I chalked it up to just having ashton 2 weeks prior and thought let's get the kids out of the house and go swimming. So we went and by the time we left my mom's the cramping pain was so bad I could barely walk. I got home and the only thing I wanted to do was sit in a hot bath and try to relax. So that is what I did. While I was trying to feel better, mackenzie was dumping and entire can of formula on my living room floor. Ethan, who was really concerned about how he could help me feel better (note to self anytime I want my children to listen to me I should cry and tell them I don't feel good, and they all of a sudden start listening) got out the vacuum and vacuumed up all the formula and then went around trying to pick things up. Things got worse so I called my mom at work and she said I'll be right over. She got here, got me out of the tub and dressed and started driving like a mad woman to the hospital. You would have thought I was about to deliver a baby in the car. She drops me off at the ER and says she will take the kids and just have Jared come to the hospital. Well a few hours later I finally get seen by the doctor, he orders blood work and some x-rays, and gives me some morphine. Usually it knocks me out but it just took the edge off the pain. They get back the results and think there might be something more there and order a CAT scan to make sure there are no obstructions or other problems. I have now been in the ER for more than 6 hours and they are telling me to drink this nasty stuff for the cat scan. It tasted like NyQuil and there was like 16 oz of it. I chug it only to realize an hour later I have drink another one. Could someone please have some mercy and make that stuff taste better. I get the CAT scan and wait some more for the results. Come to find out that my body was not getting rid of all the extra fluid that you retain when you are pregnant. It was all just sitting around my abdomen and pelvis pushing on all my organs and making me very very uncomfortable. So what could I do about it? Oh nothing I just have to let my body do the work and take some pain meds. Can I say one more time how glad I am that I am not going to be pregnant again in this lifetime. So after taking some diuretic and pain meds I was starting to feel better. But wait I couldn't leave the hospital without getting something. What I got was a UTI from them having to use a catheter for a urine sample. So this weekend was spent recovering from our 12 hour trip to the ER which resulted in us getting home at 3 am, just in time to feed ashton get about 2 hours of sleep then get up with kids and for jared to get ready for work. Luckily jared called in an Rx for me so I didn't have to make another Dr visit, and my mom came over and picked up my house a little and then took me back to her house so she could help with kids and let me get some rest. I do have lots of pictures and lots of updates on kids and what they have been doing but I just had to get the complaining out of my system. My next post will be much much better!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 seriously good comments:
Oh man Kim, I feel so bad that you are having to deal with this. I hope you get feeling better quickly! Good for Ethan...what a little man.
Oh I hope you feel better soon, it is so hard being sick when you are the mom. Nice that you have your mom around to help. I broke down in tear as well today, not because I'm sick, just so tired after Sunday I couldn't take any more. All boys have been wonderful since the tears fell like rain.
I am so sorry you had to deal with that! That stinks! Just when you think the hard part is over. That sort of thing is especially hard to deal with when you've got a newborn to work into the schedule as well. I'm so glad it was nothing too serious and that you had help nearby! Take care and use that excuse as much as you possibly can to get some rest!
Hope you feel better soon. I'm looking forward to the upcoming posts! We love you guys and miss you.
That doesn't make me very excited to have a baby!!
I'm glad your feeling better though!
I still need to get Jenee's jacket from you...
I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I can only imagine what Ethan was thinking - he is such a good kid. I hope it all gets better.
As if you don't have enough to deal with! Four kids and one a newborn! Hopefully you'll body will get back to normal and you'll be feeling better soon. Glad your mom (and Ethan) were there to help you out!
I am so sorry that that all happened. What a total nightmare. I can't believe you had to sit there in that ER that long. I hope you start feeling better.
How horrible. It's amazing all the weird things that can happen with a baby. I don't know how it could ever be called natural. There is nothing natural about it. I hope your feeling better. I'm jealous your done! It still seems forever until I'll be done with the pregnancy stuff.
Oh my goodness! I guess this is what I get for not being able to socialize with anyone outside of Young Woman's on Sundays. I never know what is going on, but I hope that you are getting better.
I found the blog from someone else's blog. I love it. The pictures are great.
Post a Comment